You can type here any text you want

New Hydraulic lifters!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SS/GN

Crower has a new line of hydraulic flat tappet lifters.These have a large lube hole to provide extra oil to the lobe.I know Crane was doing something like this and adding a 1-2 degree taper on the lifter to promote turning of the lifter in the bore.Interesting reading.:biggrin:Part #66050x3-12

Crower has a new line of hydraulic flat tappet lifters.These have a large lube hole to provide extra oil to the lobe.I know Crane was doing something like this and adding a 1-2 degree taper on the lifter to promote turning of the lifter in the bore.Interesting reading.:biggrin:Part #66050x3-12

Hey that is cool!!!

lifters

If these are the ones your talking about(crower camsaver hydraulic lifters) I bought a set in late july.Going to try and fire the new motor up on sunday and do a brake in on the cam.I'll post how it goes.The lifters cost 103.00 at summit racing.

In our stocker we use Brad Penn break in oil,prim engine while turning over by hand and change oil after 20 mins and use another 5 litres for the first drive.We have had great success with the Brad Penn racing oil line.Just my 2cents:biggrin:

Kevin

I really wanna do a cam, but I have some other things I want to do to. I hate hearing all the doom and gloom about flat tappet cams. I know roller would be better, but who else here is thinking of going flat tappet? I just wonder with the zddp, and the zpaste for break in. Along with the break in oils with newly designed lifters if you cant still make this a very successful upgrade. I mean they had nothing but flat tappets for years, right?

There's still a few fast guys on the board with flat tappet cams. Just read the sigs and see how many roller cams are installed. Plenty. But look at the times. Many are no faster than a stock flat tappet. If you can get a flat tappet to live (which some people seem to) I don't see why not to run one and be fast.

There's still a few fast guys on the board with flat tappet cams. Just read the sigs and see how many roller cams are installed. Plenty. But look at the times. Many are no faster than a stock flat tappet. If you can get a flat tappet to live (which some people seem to) I don't see why not to run one and be fast.

Thank you. I have had nothing but flat tappet cams until my mustang. What are the thoughts as far as a spilt duration to increase spool up. The full throttle cams look nice. Can you still get and erson?? What about thier tq20? 214/214?? Too much?? 208/208? of old school 204/214?? ft 210/215?? lol I am anxious to hear about these lifters. Seems like anoth vote of confidence!

I liked the looks of that cam. Where did you get it? What precautions did you take for break in? What do you think about it so far?

I got it from Erson :D http://www.pbm-erson.com/index.php

Not special precautions, but I take my time and I'm very thorough when I'm working on the inside of my engine. I used the supplied lube on the lobes and bottom of the lifters and broke it in per their instructions. One of the most important things with breaking in a cam is you have to be SURE your engine is going to fire up, with oil pressure, once you turn that key. I double and triple check my work as I progress to make sure I'm doing it right.

So far so good, but I only have ~150 miles on it so far and no track time yet.

I got it from Erson :D http://www.pbm-erson.com/index.php

Not special precautions, but I take my time and I'm very thorough when I'm working on the inside of my engine. I used the supplied lube on the lobes and bottom of the lifters and broke it in per their instructions. One of the most important things with breaking in a cam is you have to be SURE your engine is going to fire up, with oil pressure, once you turn that key. I double and triple check my work as I progress to make sure I'm doing it right.

So far so good, but I only have ~150 miles on it so far and no track time yet.

Thank you!

I always ran flat tappet cams and never feel you will see a difference on a lower rpm/lower boost combo. 5600 shift and 23-24# of boost for example. Where I feel the roller is a huge advantage is when someone intends to run 5800 rpm and 30# or more boost. The extra spring pressure is vital for a higher boosted turbo engine for valve control.

With my flat tappet engines, turning 5800 rpm and 32-33# of boost valve springs were a maintenance issue. They needed to be changed every winter to maintain the pressure at 100-110#.

Back