You can type here any text you want

New Injectors & Chip - Car Wont Run

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

AKTURBOTA

I installed the new 60# MotoTron high impedence fuel injectors and an upgraded Caspers 7 position UltraChip. The install went OK and I started the car OK, it ran for several minutes without apparent problems. I shut the car off and readjusted the TV cable, I went to the drivers seat, floored the throttle and the TV cable racheted out a couple of clicks. I went to start the car and it wouldn't start. It turned over but would not start. I disconnected the battery to purge the ECM, reconnected the battery and tried to start the car. It almost started but didn't.

What do you suppose is wrong? The chip is in the #3 position, but it is behaving like it is in the anti theft mode (#0 position) , how could that be? Very depressing!

Pull the chip out and try to start it without a chip in the ECM. If it starts, the problem is in the chip. The car will start with no chip in what's called a "limp home" mode. If it still doesn't start, then you can begin to look elsewhere.

Back