You can type here any text you want

New intakes anyone

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Should new intake manifolds be made?

• Yes, good idea.

Votes: 33 91.7%
  • No, not a good idea.

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters

Taffy

A guy out here in California wants to get into making intakes for the Buicks. On Center, Off Center. CNC everything. He is pretty quick and the proces are reasonable. He makes all the parts for Venom Racing http://www.venom-performance.com/nf/html/manifold.htm , but want to expand. What do you guys think about new intakes for the Stock, and especially the Stage engines? ERIC.

Some people might not want to post in this thread, but will you guys e-mail me Turbo56chev@yahoo.com with what intakes you would like to be seen made, along with any improvements you would like to see. Also a competitive price range that you would like to see. I want to take some ides to this guy to get him interested.
I will also ask about billet cranks, but I doubt he will go for it. ERIC.

If any of the voters want to e-mail me, so that you can talk to this guy directly so you can get exactly what is needed, I will get you in contact with him. I am not trying to make $$ on this deal, I just want more intakes out there. I need someone with knowledge to talk to the guy because I am not really that knowledgeable when it comes to the Stage stuff. Later, Eric Altaffer.

I think a new intake on the market would do pretty well. Really all thats out there for the on-centers are really expensive sheetmetal pieces or the forever dissappearing BGC intakes. Alot of guys have resorted to cutting offcenters to work. So I think that if their was a good aluminum intake for oncenters for a reasonable price, it would sell well and IMO be worth someones time to make it

I think an upper intake/lower intake combination that provides proven, equal air distribution to all cylinders of a 109 block would be the hot ticket...

God knows, we don't seem to have one now...

:)

INTAKES

Originally posted by strikeeagle
we don't seem to have one now...

Sad, but true!

TA Performance plans a new TR Intake for later 2003.

Can't get here soon enough!!

The more items available from honest vendors, the merrier! :)

Basically I do not know what is needed to make the intake perform as well as everyone wants, since I do not have one myself. I need to see, from the guys running the modified carb intakes or the BG intake, what they would like changed. I am sure what is out there can be improved on. If anyone is in the Los Angeles area, give me a call or an e-mail so I can tell the guy what to make, or better yet, go down there with me and show him what y'all want. Then I have to see if he will do it. I am sure he will do it because he is doing everything he can get his hands on. ERIC. 626 963 5830.

Taffy,

Thanks for recognizing a genuine "need" for an improved intake.

I hope your friend gets the info he needs. Sounds like he does good work.

Hope some our So. Cal TR buds lend him a hand making a prototype to test.

Please keep us posted!

Taffy did you get someone to help with the info needed on the intakes?

What do you need for info?

An intake to work off of?

Back