New LED tail lights

Bruce Urie

The Ventures,CCR forever!
Got my LED tail light and third brake light LED set today from Scot W. Such fast shipping and a real nice guy. Can't wait to hook them up. Supposed to be a rainy day tomorrow so good time to spend time in the garage.
One thing, the kit didn't come with the template for drilling the four holes in each tail light lens. We called Scot and he told me to go to his website and download the template.....of course...(why not?) my computer will not do that,it just stops when I try to download any pdf. So there's no way I can get a copy of the template. Did any of you guys get the drilling template with your set?

Is there any way I can get this template for drilling? I need an exact size.

Question two: in the tail light there are three bulbs in each light assembly, plus the side marker light....I will be cutting the side marker light and incorporating it into the set as per instructions......BUT....what about the center bulb? The instructions doesn't say anything about it....can it be wired in, or is it just removed? Has anyone with these LED lights used the center bulb in the rear left and right lens? Or do I just leave it out?

Any answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all. Hopefully ol' Scot will chime in here with some help.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Bruce,

I converted the pdf file to a jpg for you. You should be able to download that. Before drilling you should verify the distance between the holes with someone. Sometimes when you convert a document it doesn't maintain the same size. Hope this helps. See attachment.

Peter

Attachments

• 1100886-7.jpg
    1100886-7.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 340
Peter,
I sure thank you for doing this conversion for me. I appreciate you taking the time and trouble to do this.

You are also right, this conversion of the tail light drilling mount templates are smaller than the original that was supposed to come with the set....Scot W. sent me the original for me to use, so I'm glad you mentioned this possible problem for me.

And here's a few pictures of the templates that good ol' Scot W. sent me...courtesy of the United States Postal Service.....

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

Just my luck, huh? It wasn't Scot's fault at all, as he was kind enough to send me the right template.....somehow it got partially eaten by some USPS's employee's pit bull.:D Looks like I'll have to go with what's left of Scot's template. I'll pull it off, no problem.

But thanks for going through the trouble for me, Peter, when I was having trouble with my system. It's guys like you and Scot W. which makes this board so great to be a member of....a great group of caring, knowledgeable and helpful guys. I'm really fortunate to be associated with such a group.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Peter,
I sure thank you for doing this conversion for me. I appreciate you taking the time and trouble to do this.

You are also right, this conversion of the tail light drilling mount templates are smaller than the original that was supposed to come with the set....Scot W. sent me the original for me to use, so I'm glad you mentioned this possible problem for me.

And here's a few pictures of the templates that good ol' Scot W. sent me...courtesy of the United States Postal Service.....

View attachment 121300

View attachment 121301

View attachment 121302

View attachment 121303

Just my luck, huh? It wasn't Scot's fault at all, as he was kind enough to send me the right template.....somehow it got partially eaten by some USPS's employee's pit bull.:D Looks like I'll have to go with what's left of Scot's template. I'll pull it off, no problem.

But thanks for going through the trouble for me, Peter, when I was having trouble with my system. It's guys like you and Scot W. which makes this board so great to be a member of....a great group of caring, knowledgeable and helpful guys. I'm really fortunate to be associated with such a group.

Bruce '87 Grand National
OMG!! What the hell happened?

Bruce, I will send you another template out first thing tomorrow morning... and while I'm at the post office I am going to show them these pictures and this post and see what they have to say... You sure your wife is feeding you? LOL, :biggrin:

Also, Send me your e-mail address and I will type up what is needed to do with the center bulb.. It's in the instructions somewhere because your the first one that asked about that.. The stock "incandescent" bulb is used there because of the reflector lens they used in that section... I will also send you some very informative pictures that will shed a bit more light on the installation for you... ;)

Sorry I didn't see this post sooner..

Scot W.

Glad I have your shipping address Bruce, have a semi load of billy goats that need a home :biggrin:

Bruce,

I converted the pdf file to a jpg for you. You should be able to download that. Before drilling you should verify the distance between the holes with someone. Sometimes when you convert a document it doesn't maintain the same size. Hope this helps. See attachment.

Peter
Converting it to a jpg won't work.... It will keep it's exact size if you just print it right from the pdf format..

Thank you!
Scot w.

Buce,

New template mailed and pictures were e-mailed to you today!!

Scot W.

I done my led taillight's myself,It's a little trickie,make sure you Leave enough wire on stock harness to add the taillight assembleies back into place,I'd recomend many test fitting's before Finalizing for wire length,Make sure you have all 4 boards on same setting too(solid or sequental)..But once your done...Tell someone, "Hey are my brake lights dim??..have them go back an then you hit the brakes...lol..You'll hear screams..hehe..

Enjoy!

Bruce have moderator edit out your address on that envelope pic. Never know who wants to find a GN and can drive right to your house....