You can type here any text you want

New low ET for Meankids Racing

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JayC

T6P.Com/TB.com Administrator/Webmaster
Staff member
Took Scott's car out to the 1/8th mile track again today.

We went out last night to the track in Denton and only managed a 5.29 lifting. The track just wasn't conducive to a car with that kind of horsepower and we were having tire shake all over the place. Last pass it shook the tires so hard, Scott's contact got knocked out of place.

Today, back out to Redline Raceway, which is a better track than Denton and managed a 5.10 @ 141 with a 1.24 60 foot. We had a couple more aborted runs due to blowing off the intercooler hoses. Even on the 5.10 pass, the intercooler hose let go maybe 75-100 feet before the first cone. I think there is a 4.90 in the car but I don't know if there is much more after that. The fun with this setup is going to come on the 1/4 mile track when you're in 4th gear with the clutch locked up. It should haul the mail pretty good.

I think we're going to rethink the clutch situation. We have a dual disc 8 inch clutch in the car now and it just doesn't seem to be cutting the mustard. It's wearing substantially more on each full pass than it probably should be and nothing sucks worse than having to cool the clutch down and re-zero it after every pass.

Hopefully we're over the learning curve with this clutch now and dialing in a new one won't take very long. It's been a long year with this clutch and I'm glad we're finally on the downside of this thing.

Jay & Scott,

Congrats!! That is one sweet car and can't wait to see you guys get her all set and hope to see it at Bristol this year.

Keep us posted on any updates.

Take care.

Probably 7.60-7.70 or so. I really think this car is going to have a hell of a top end charge, though.

Better let the NORAD know when you start making 1/4 mile passes, cause if you ever lift off you might make orbit :-). Man, that's flying! Please come to the East Coast (Englishtown or Cecil Co) so we can all be amazed.

Very impressive run. I live on the other side of FT Worth, and sure wish I would of gone to Denton like I had thought about doing. Good weather. I sure would like to see your car run, maybe you could drop a line when you go out again.

Later,

John

Cool Jay, sounds like you guys are getting it down, I have not even begun the learning curve on my clutch yet, hopefully I will be ready for testing by the time you guys smoke a couple so it is all figured out!!! Oh well ,if it doesnt run I still have the "single turbo" excuse!
congratulations

Scott and Jay,

Congratulations!!!! Are you guys going to stick with the
v-6 or go to a SBC in the future?

Any Video of the beast availible???

I have no video or new pictures... sorry...

I reviewed the logs this morning after some coffee and it looks like on the 5.10 pass the intake hose let go about just after 4 seconds in the run - when it let go the car just fell on its face (it had just shifted 4th gear and was starting to climb in RPMS so the clutch had started to lock back up and after I lost boost it stood on the counter weight of the clutch...) so I pulled the chute, I new what had happend but I really didn't know it ran that well.

Like Jay had mentioned I am planning on dropping the car off to get some cosmetic enhancements both on the inside and outside as well as thinking about stepping up to a 10" clutch. the 8" is working but the maintence is killing me - at the power level we are at It seems we are wearing more than the prostock teams that are running these small lightweight setups.

as for a deifferent motor combo - I wont rule anything out ;) if the right deal was to happen, you never know.... I will admit to be shopping around for a SSO or Pro 5.0 Mustang car to add to the stable. :eek:

also of worthy note is that we made the 5.10 pass at a weight of 2960 - keeping it real :D

Winsett
www.meankidsracing.com

Congrats on the new low ET!!!

That is really impressive considering you guys still have a few things to work out with the car.... Hmmmm, wonder what it must feel like to lift and run 5.29 in the 1/8th?!:eek: :D

Scott,

If you are still looking for a pro5.0 car call job spetter at turbo people. He has a lot of cantacts and hooked my friend up with the following car for between $30-$40k. I would also call precision and duttweiler's.

-25.1 89 coupe chassis
-400ci brodix headed motor
- Seq Motec
-Liquid intercooler
- T-100
- nice glide

My Friend has changed things around a little but has gone
7.53 @ 186 his first time out on Ws. Not bad for 3050 lbs and only
23psi!

Ahh......Just think.... if Scott and Jay could have done this at noble, and a just few more of the fast Buicks had not broke and. Results could have been different.
Hurry up next time . :cool:

its really hard to win a gun fight with a pocket knife...

I personally think that the OK race is as fun a race as can be - I dont like being out gunned though - if my Buick was running then like it is now - there would have been a 7 Second pass on the board for sure. Also had all the 'faster' buicks came out of the wood work it could have been a better show for sure. I hope to see yours out and running soon, how is it coming along?

you just never know - I may be on the 'other' side next year =)

Winsett
www.meankidsracing.com

Winsett, if you're still looking for an SSO 10.5" tire turbo Mustang to add to your stable you might be interested in this car....

http://www.motorheadtrader.com/board.cfm?CatCode=RAC&Category=Race Cars (Scroll down to the bottom of the page and check out the description of the 1990 Mustang GT)

Here are some pics of the Duttweiler built Beast....

http://motorheadtrader.com/userpics/122802101208A.JPG
http://motorheadtrader.com/userpics/122802101208B.JPG
http://motorheadtrader.com/userpics/122802101208C.JPG
http://motorheadtrader.com/userpics/122802101208D.JPG

I posted this in the lounge a couple days ago, but nobody seemed to interested in buying a $60K Mustang:confused:;)

If you go to the "other" side you can bring this bazooka to the gun fight and kill everybody!!!:eek:

Originally posted by Winsett
its really hard to win a gun fight with a pocket knife...

I personally think that the OK race is as fun a race as can be - I dont like being out gunned though - if my Buick was running then like it is now - there would have been a 7 Second pass on the board for sure. Also had all the 'faster' buicks came out of the wood work it could have been a better show for sure. I hope to see yours out and running soon, how is it coming along?

you just never know - I may be on the 'other' side next year =)

Winsett
www.meankidsracing.com

Yea.... there were a few of the bigger hitters that didn't show.
I finally got my toy back but have made no attempt to test it. I'm getting older and lazy I guess. Deer season always gets in my way this time of year.
I have a few bugs in the car to button up but I should be at the track soon. I,ve placed Noble on my list for grins, although at Noble, it's which side brings the numbers. Still looks like fun.

Originally posted by JayC
Took Scott's car out to the 1/8th mile track again today.
Today, back out to Redline Raceway, which is a better track than Denton and managed a 5.10 @ 141 with a 1.24 60 foot. We had a couple more aborted runs due to blowing off the intercooler hoses. Even on the 5.10 pass, the intercooler hose let go maybe 75-100 feet before the first cone. I think there is a 4.90 in the car but I don't know if there is much more after that. The fun with this setup is going to come on the 1/4 mile track when you're in 4th gear with the clutch locked up. It should haul the mail pretty good.

Jesus Christ Jay and Scott! Awesome! Please, Please, Please come to Bristol next year. I can't wait to see that car. 141 in the 1/8th, WOW!

Originally posted by ijames
Better let the NORAD know when you start making 1/4 mile passes, cause if you ever lift off you might make orbit :-). Man, that's flying! Please come to the East Coast (Englishtown or Cecil Co) so we can all be amazed.
That would be great, then if they went to Bristol as well I'd get to see them twice..... :D

Back