You can type here any text you want

New Lower Ball joint issues please help.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
There shouldn't be any difference between left or right David. No pic or info so you need to elaborate a little more.

The car has a left side and a right side there HAS to be a difference between the two????
I am guessing that they gave me the wrong stuff.

There's a left and right arm, and left and right bushings, but no left or right ball joint David.. Just as example, there's a left front and right front bushing for the lower arms, but they're the same bushing, as well as the left and right rear bushings (front arms). The ball joints are only specific for upper and lower, not left and right.;)

My mistake, i ended up installing the left side balljoint on the right side and thats why the spindle wouldn't go on,
I have to go back to the autoparts store to get correct parts -- what a pain in the but.

Makes no sense! Lowers are the same side to side and uppers are the same side to side.

which way are you facing?
also helps to know if you're in the northern or southern hemisphere....
easy way is if you drink the beer with your right hand.. you're a righty
if your sneakers point out.. you have them on the wrong feet ..maybe
ask the mrs which is left .. if she says it left ... shes right ! no sense arguing put it in even if it doesnt fit

Last edited:
Since you asked, i was two "Coors Light" deep and since i am such a light weight i might as well have had a liter of 151. Either way it wasn't staying still- even the frame was moving around.
probably the big problem was that i was wearing boots instead of the typical backyard mechanic's proper gay ass split toe sandals with grease on the toes.
On a serious note when i do the other side i hope it goes a lot easier and that i have the correct parts this time.

there is not a left and right for any of the wear parts in the suspension: bushings, tie rods, ball joints: all those things are the same from side to side... hell, they also fit a lot of other cars (and even trucks!!) that aren't Regals with turbocharged engines in them...

the front upper and lower control arms have a left and a right- as do the spindles- but it's pretty obvious when you mix those up side to side..

Back