91syclone

Syclone Wrecker
Hi guys I am new to this site. I just bought a 1989 TTA that was slightly wrecked in the front. I am looking for a bumper cover, passenger fender, headlight asembley with turnsignal. This car has 73K on it and was one of the cars at the 500. I paid 4K for it. Is this a good deal? How fast are these cars all stock? I am seeing anywhere from 12.5 to 13.5 is this the range they run?

Thanks
James

Originally posted by 91syclone
Hi guys I am new to this site. I just bought a 1989 TTA that was slightly wrecked in the front. I am looking for a bumper cover, passenger fender, headlight asembley with turnsignal. This car has 73K on it and was one of the cars at the 500. I paid 4K for it. Is this a good deal? How fast are these cars all stock? I am seeing anywhere from 12.5 to 13.5 is this the range they run?

Thanks
James

I wouls say low 13's is what most of these cars run in stock form. Welcome to our little group!:)

hey guys thanks alot for the welcomes, Jason where do you live and what shape are the parts in? Chris this is one of Toms cars. How do you know Tom?

Tom's a really cool guy, I used to talk to him pretty frequently when he was still really involved with THRASHER ;) No biggie I just figured it was a safe bet that a TTA in Kokomo had something to do with Tom! :)

Originally posted by 91syclone
hey guys thanks alot for the welcomes, Jason where do you live and what shape are the parts in? Chris this is one of Toms cars. How do you know Tom?

I looked at them today. The bumper cover has a small tear about 1 1/2" long at the bottom. Fender is perfect, and the headlight assembly is good, but the fiberglass mounting bracket is cracked.
I live in KY.

so are we talken like 150, I am not sure what the parts are worth. Let me know.

Thanks
James

Ya Thrasher is still up and running but he is just not doing any GN/TTA stuff any more I am trying to talk him into it but I dont know if he will, it tok three years of me hasseling him about one of his cars to actually sell me one.

so are we talken like 150, I am not sure what the parts are worth. Let me know.

Yeah, Im not for sure either, but thats what I had in mind. You would need to pay shipping though. How far do you live from Lexington?

I think I live like 4-6 hours away from you. Would it be ok if i can down and picked them up saturday? If so we can work something out for that day. If you have time jsut give me a call at 765-868-9308. You can call me anythime tonight.

Thanks
James

Great place to go for general firebird and camaro part from 82-92 is LFN AT U . Hes a member of the board that I mod at thirdgen.org and deals exclusively in thirdgens/cars/parts/etc.

Have stuff that isnt TTA specific he probably has it or can track it down for you :)

He live in Crete,IL so not a humongous drive for you either

go to thirdgen.org, go to message boards and click on the NW IN/South Chicago board

later
Jeremy