You can type here any text you want

new motor/new combo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

deezdad

Will be rebuilding destroyed motor thanks to gm %#@*wrench and also to Uncle Sam for OVERpaying him all year...funds soon available. Been searching like mad for pros and cons and other ideas...good stuff in those archives. Doing basically a stock bottom end forged pistons etc... as of now car is strictly street BUT who knows? Definantly don't want to sacrifice ANY low end torque...if anything increase it. Figured I'd bounce this proposed combo off the experts & see what sticks.... Big Mouth or Tomka CAI...TE-44 in Garrett housing...Dutt neck stock ic...3" up pipe...RJC power plate...extrude honed intake...Speed Pro cam 194/204 OR 204/214...Champion irons...usual fuel upgrades w/36# Blue Tops...3" THDP & cat...2 1/2" dual exhaust...stock stall...freshed up stock tranny w/ new Super Servo & Alto band. Will these components compliment each other for low end power?...Any mis-matches?...Thanks

...also alky is looking more and more likely...what chip for above combo w/alky???

50lb. injectors minimum, I'd get the new 65's or whatever the largest Hi'Z is available these days.

Turbotweak alky. chip for the stock MAF, or the translator system and chip with new Chebby maf or the MAFless pro system.

The 44 turbo may be overmatched with the heads and cam. but probably not on the street with normal boost levels.

A bigger turbo for the heads and cam. would require a higher stall converter most likely but if you are doing tranny work it's not a bad idea to install one at that time.

Depends on the budget, but definately bigger injectors should be seriously considered.

Skip the 3" up-pipe and the extrude honed intake.

Big front mount, big turbo would be happy with 3" intercooler piping. More turbo lag because of volume.

turbo2nr said:
Skip the 3" up-pipe and the extrude honed intake.

Big front mount, big turbo would be happy with 3" intercooler piping. More turbo lag because of volume.
Already had the 3" up pipe & extrude honed intake. Previous owner had it done and said in flow tests it gained 80 cfm at each port....i dunno.

salvageV6 said:
50lb. injectors minimum, I'd get the new 65's or whatever the largest Hi'Z is available these days.

Turbotweak alky. chip for the stock MAF, or the translator system and chip with new Chebby maf or the MAFless pro system.

The 44 turbo may be overmatched with the heads and cam. but probably not on the street with normal boost levels.

A bigger turbo for the heads and cam. would require a higher stall converter most likely but if you are doing tranny work it's not a bad idea to install one at that time.

Depends on the budget, but definately bigger injectors should be seriously considered.
Already have the Blue Tops... thought they were good for a TE-44? So probably the 194/204 cam instead of 204/214 would be better?

deezdad said:
Already have the Blue Tops... thought they were good for a TE-44? So probably the 194/204 cam instead of 204/214 would be better?

Ported heads change everything.......

Sounds like you want to limit the breathing of the heads to make up for the lack of injector size....WTF!!! Change the injectors!!!

The cylinder heads and camshaft go hand in hand. Choose a cam the will help the heads flow, not hurt it....

Blue tops were a nice inj in thier day .. thier day is gone :eek: I'd go with 50's anyway :biggrin:

Back