You can type here any text you want

New motor, noisy valvetrain

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rob350

I have the comp 212-212 flat tappet cam with the Comp 869-12 lifters. It seems that I have some valvetrain noise at idle/lower RPMS. I'v been reading around the forum, and a few people say that the comp cams lifters are noisy. I'm not sure if I was suppose to get new pushrods due to the bigger cam, but i'm running the stock pushrods and rocker arms. Is it possible my pre-load is incorrect? Any advice?

Thanks,

Rob

im running the same setup as you. mine was noisey for awhile but after 3k miles or so its started to quite down

It's possible you don't have enough preload with that cam. The base circle is most likely smaller. What is the valve lift on that cam?

I have the comp 212-212 flat tappet cam with the Comp 869-12 lifters. It seems that I have some valvetrain noise at idle/lower RPMS. I'v been reading around the forum, and a few people say that the comp cams lifters are noisy. I'm not sure if I was suppose to get new pushrods due to the bigger cam, but i'm running the stock pushrods and rocker arms. Is it possible my pre-load is incorrect? Any advice?

Thanks,

Rob

i have same cam fresh motor 2k on it also noisy.sounds like the way your descrbing it.

I have a 218 roller, and it sounds like a sewing machine- I only have about 300 miles on the new motor though. I figured that it's just something turbo buick owners have to deal with.

Back