New Navy uniform

Yes, i read this thread from the beginning. Right through your post on how you're pursuing an equally noble career with the Fire Service and getting your degree and enter the reserves as an officer which also went of topic.

Does anyone one read threads from the beginning anymore?

He was just commenting on the fact that we are just discussing the actual uniforms. And how they have changed and the reasoning behind it.

Anywho......The blue cammies are worn any time you would have worn utilities. Yes, they CAN be worn out in town to an extent. Not like how the Army can pretty much go anywhere they want in their ACU's (or at least it seems like they do...if they aren't allowed...someone needs to enforce that rule! lol), but we can go to shorter stop type places in the blue cammies. Example: you could go to McDonalds for lunch but not a fancy sit down resturant (length of visit). You could go to Wal-Mart to run in and get some stuff real quick, but not walk around the mall for hours on end. Stupidly enough, you CAN'T go to a civilian gym..walk in..change into civilian PT gear to work out and then leave in civilian clothes. Even though you are in the gym for less then 10 minutes in the cammies....I found that out the hard way. (THis could have changed...it was over a year ago that I was told it was not allowed).

OK I know I will get torched for this but maybe it is part of the NEW ADMINISTRATION agenda.

You know maybe they don't want to itimidate the enemy! call it another little step of the wimping of USA

Do these look like school children? Supporting and defending the constitution is pledging allegiance to the flag. that's why countries have flags! I shall now leave this thread be.

Schoolchildren do. Service members swear to "support and defend the Constitution..."

Attachments

• marines_flag.jpg
    marines_flag.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 121
That black and tan monstrosity is ridiculous. What the hell is the point of it? So yeomen don't get printer toner on their pants anymore? When I was in, the only people that actually wore the winter blues / summer whites were in admin, so I would think the PSD types would be the only ones that would benefit from changing the uniform.

I see it's been a while since you've been to PSD. Most of the time, you're hard up to see any military personnel working there anymore. They all went to civilians. Even squadrons are run by civilians when the aircraft are not aboard ships.

OK I know I will get torched for this but maybe it is part of the NEW ADMINISTRATION agenda.

You know maybe they don't want to itimidate the enemy! call it another little step of the wimping of USA

The plans to switch uniforms were in place long before the "new administration." I'm pretty sure they were talking about it even before Bush's re-election. I remember seeing test commands back in 2006. So unless the new administration you're referring to is the one that followed Clinton, you are mistaken.

Yup...Slow is right. The blue cammies were already in test phase in '06 when I was in Hawaii for a few days..so that means they were about a year and a half or so into the plan already at that point. Nothing to do with top level politics...now maybe it could have something to do with locations of the industries or something (Senators do that kinda stuff all the time..)but I know nothing about that...nor do I care about that.

Honestly I'm glad to be rid of the utilities. They DID look like prison uniforms.

Yup...Slow is right. The blue cammies were already in test phase in '06 when I was in Hawaii for a few days..so that means they were about a year and a half or so into the plan already at that point. Nothing to do with top level politics...now maybe it could have something to do with locations of the industries or something (Senators do that kinda stuff all the time..)but I know nothing about that...nor do I care about that.

Honestly I'm glad to be rid of the utilities. They DID look like prison uniforms.

All the above including a black and gray were in the test phase when I was in Hawaii in 03-05. I liked the Gray better than the tan; the black and tan made you look like a Marine, and who wants that designation?:eek:

black and grey? That does sound like it would have looked nice. oh well. Stuck with the peanut butter cups. :(

Well back to the blue cammies for the last few months...they still suck and I really don't feel military when wearing them. Just sloopy no matter what I do. And then you see the guys that DON'T keep themselves in shape and they look even worse!!