You can type here any text you want

New NON-loc tranny any changes to powerlogger/sd2?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

greeneyegi

i installed a new non loc tranny and ptc convertor,from the stock trans and 10.5 protorque loc convertor.
1.do i make any changes to chip or powerlogger?
2.will the powerlogger no longer have any idea what the transmisions gear is in now?
3 anything else i need to do besides hold on?

You said you installed a new non loc tranny, but didn't say what kind. ?????
The powerlogger should still know what gear you're in IF, your new one is a 2004R and has the gear switches still plugge in and wired up.
Don't think you have to make any changes to SD2 parameters. It's just that your TCC parameters won't have any affect because of the non locking tcc.

You said you installed a new non loc tranny, but didn't say what kind. ?????
The powerlogger should still know what gear you're in IF, your new one is a 2004R and has the gear switches still plugge in and wired up.
Don't think you have to make any changes to SD2 parameters. It's just that your TCC parameters won't have any affect because of the non locking tcc.
stage 3 2004r with pro-electric/transbrake.
what do you mean gear switches?in the column?
the plug on the side of the tranny is now unplugged,i thought that had something to do with which gear its in.

No, I'm talking about that electrical plug on the side of the tranny that sends gear info to the ECM. It's hooked to pressure switches on the valve body one is for 3rd and one is for 4th.

No, I'm talking about that electrical plug on the side of the tranny that sends gear info to the ECM. It's hooked to pressure switches on the valve body one is for 3rd and one is for 4th.
that is no longer their,its a single male plug for the transbrake.
is this going to be a problem?

It probably wont be a huge problems. Sounds like you're building primarilly a race car and not something for the street so I doubt the lack of gear info will be much of an issue.

It probably wont be a huge problems. Sounds like you're building primarilly a race car and not something for the street so I doubt the lack of gear info will be much of an issue.
i do take it to the track,but i drive it their and back,chuurch on sundays,etc.
i got the trans brake primarily because with the disc brakes in the rear it wouldnt build any boost off the line,so i ordered the brake just incase the new convertor still wouldnt give me the launching boost it needs.
my build is to be able to drive anywhere,reliably.the rare / occasional 3 hour tour.hot august nights .

I would have stuck with a locking converter if that's the case!! :eek:

Dave,
If you have a non lock up tranny should this still be plugged in just to give the ECM that info?? Ever since installing my NLU I left mine unplugged

No, mine is a LU. but yes you should still have it plugged in to provide gear info to the ECM.

I don't know if you are going to have a problem or not, probably not or you would have noticed something by now. I have a similar set-up as yours with the non-lock converter and drive it everywhere, no problems with reliability. I went to non-lock because at the track the lock-up converter would slip pretty bad and I would tack around 6k on stock gear ratio and 275/60-15 Mickey Thompson's, now with the non-lock converter from Dusty it tacks around 5400 RPM at the top end.

Chuck

I don't know if you are going to have a problem or not, probably not or you would have noticed something by now. I have a similar set-up as yours with the non-lock converter and drive it everywhere, no problems with reliability. I went to non-lock because at the track the lock-up converter would slip pretty bad and I would tack around 6k on stock gear ratio and 275/60-15 Mickey Thompson's, now with the non-lock converter from Dusty it tacks around 5400 RPM at the top end.

Chuck
Ya I haven't had any problems other than the power logger probably doesn't pick up and check off the boxes for what gear the tranny is in...I will have to look at a log and verify that though..Not sure if I ever looked for it!!...Youe et's are very similiar to mine!! Where do you think the extra MPH came from on your last trip to the track?? Is that when you changed converters??

Back