New paint is it to much

BAllen86gn

flamed 86
Just wanted some second opinions I know all wont like, but I had to be different as I am a Paint & body man by trade.

Attachments

• 80449-R1-00-25_001.jpg
    80449-R1-00-25_001.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 689
  • 80449-R1-01-24_002.jpg
    80449-R1-01-24_002.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 683
  • 80449-R1-02-23_003.jpg
    80449-R1-02-23_003.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 682
  • scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 679
Thats a nice looking paint scheme, not something I would do personally but I like the flame look
Alan

Thank you for your honesty.

The paint scheme is my personality a little bolder than most. I had several friends that said I couldnt do it. They had pro painters do flames on there stuff and Im an Amature for about 22 years now, but that is my first flame job and it was taken to bare metal. Thanks again for the feedback. I was just curious it gets a lot of turned heads.

From the pics GREAT job on both the paint quality and the flames. I think I favor the DarthVader black look but I would let you lay paint on my buick anytime!! Jon Hanson

Thanks

Thanks that means alot to me. I know its not for everyone, but I got tired of looking for my car at Buick events having to look for the plates to tell which one was mine. The Boyd Coddington wheels held me at bay for a while, but it was time to repaint it. I got caught coming home from the track one night and a tree broke off next to the bridge I was on and scratched the car from one end to the other, busted my headlights bezels windshield and ripped all the trim up. So the Insurance com gave me 5,000 to fix it and I was on my way to custom. All new interior and lots of chrome and polished aluminum under the hood. Its been fun, but a but load of work.

I like it alot, but then again i'm a Harley Guy & everything looks good black with a flame job to me.

Harley's rule too.

I love harley's too. I have always loved flames and thought that flames belong on a hot rod or Harley, but I beleive that the Grand National and T-Types have earned the respect to be called the Hot Rods they are so I thought It was time for Flames on my Hot Rod. Thanks again. I know when you see a bad Flame job its bad I was glad nobody who has seen it thinks that. I have seen other Buicks with flames but I keeped the colors specific to the Grand National and Interior color so it Looks good together. I was going to do Ghost Flames ,but with that much work I wanted it to stand out.

Nice job man! Dare to be different, that is why we don't drive Fords and Chevy! :D

Looks different but I like it. I'm glad some people run out of the groove. Looks nice.

Jason

I think with the grill and the headlight bezels still black they look a little out of place. I would do the grill and bezels whatever color the flames are (silver?). I think it would tie the car together better. I'm not sure what to think of it, but I guess I'm sort of a purist when it comes to the outward appearance.

Looks Awesome!! I should be getting my Limited out of the paint booth this week (hopefully) I'll share pics too. Thats the beauty about owning your own car. You do what you like. I changed some things up on my car and I like it. so no matter what folks think of your car, its all in what YOU like.

Love it, I enjoy seein a variety in our cars (that are generally VERY similar) Not just props on being different, props on doin it very well, nice long flames look so nice!

Thsnks again guy's All of you!

Thanks for the comments about my car. It does mean alot to someone who doesnt do anything halfway. One negetive comment out of all the good ones Ill take that anyday. I have had hundreds of people stop me to take pictures off it in a gas station or were ever Im at. Oklahoma Buick Ford Shootout I got overwealming thumbs up on it. That is really all custom painters live for. Thanks again By the way Vicious 6 that is the coolest avatar on this site the fire around the Buick trishield is awsome. The next paint scheme Im doing will be similar to that Black at the back and True Fire Flames on the front.

Looks good.My preference would have been darker flames, but either way it looks great. I wish you were closer to me, Id have you paint mine;)

Thanks that means alot to me. I know its not for everyone, but I got tired of looking for my car at Buick events having to look for the plates to tell which one was mine. The Boyd Coddington wheels held me at bay for a while, but it was time to repaint it. I got caught coming home from the track one night and a tree broke off next to the bridge I was on and scratched the car from one end to the other, busted my headlights bezels windshield and ripped all the trim up. So the Insurance com gave me 5,000 to fix it and I was on my way to custom. All new interior and lots of chrome and polished aluminum under the hood. Its been fun, but a but load of work.
Lookin good! I had the same feeling at buick events. here a pic of mine...

Scot w

Scot you always have something interesting your car looks great too. I just wish mine was as fast and would corner like yours. Ill bet yours is a blast to drive on the street. Thanks again guys. If mine was a low mileage car in close to stock I would have never done this. But pretty much everything will be custom when I get it were I want it. I know that it will never end. Ill never be done with it.

Teaser pic

Just out of the booth! This is after they wet sanded & polished it. I spent today putting some of it back together. More pics of the finished product soon!

Attachments

• 87painted 003.jpg
    87painted 003.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 549