You can type here any text you want

New personal best! Almost to my goal...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Roc87

11 Second V6
Went to the track tonight, when we got there the D/A was over 8000 feet. Made a quick pass to check things over with the drag radials, the wideband, and the recently bought turbotweak chip. Ran a 12.49 with a horrible 2.0 sixty foot using the foot brake and 24# in the DRs. Got back to the pits, pulled a degree of timing and left the fueling alone, the wideband was showing 11.3:1, but was getting 2degrees of knock. Let the car cool off for nearly 2 hours, dropped the DRs to 22#. Used the T-brake on the next try (D/A was down to a low 7300:rolleyes: ). Left with around 12# off boost and got a 1.736 which is incredible for this track, still got almost 2 degrees of knock, but ran an 11.83 on nothing but sams club :eek: premium 91 octane and the dual nozzle Alky (2 M10 Nozzles) 22/21 timing, and 27# off boost. :D :D I really want to get thrown off the track for not having a roll bar, but in the middle of june, here in the desert, I don't really think it is going to happen. Planning to change out one of the M10 alky nozzles to an M15 to try and get my knock completely gone since the AF is pretty much dead on. (Will try to get a scanned image of the timeslip soon, mph picked up from 92.061 in the eighth to 115.624 at the top end)

I did try lowering the air in the DRs down to 20 for my 3rd run, but didn't let it cool down much (Friends said some white smoke came off the tires on the 2nd run) and launched at 15# of boost off the t-brake, but it didn't launch as well. Had some WOT compressor surge, got a 1.75 sixty, and a 11.99 @ 115.

Really have to love these 20+ year old cars, run the a/c and cruise on the way to the track, outrun most of the trailered cars there, and drive home getting over 20mpg on the freeway:D

nice run, sounds just like mine if i could asked you why did you pulled timing and was it in 1st and 2nd or 3rd
keep up the good work you should be able to get kicked out

Thanks, Now that you mention it, I think that it was knocking in 3rd instead of 1st & 2nd. I only pulled timing because I didn't bring any tools to get to the PAC box and couldn't adjust the internal knobs, and the one on the control was all the way up. I was going to throw some C16 in it and turn up the timing, but it was getting pretty late by the time the temperature was coming down.

As for the sams club gas, I just find it extremely amusing to watch the look on peoples faces when I tell them I filled up at the sams club when they ask if I have any race fuel in it.

nice run, sounds just like mine if i could asked you why did you pulled timing and was it in 1st and 2nd or 3rd
keep up the good work you should be able to get kicked out

From my experiences Sams Club/ Walmart gas is dirt. Here in Fl we have 93oct and its garbage. Thats probably we your knock was coming from.

Thanks Brian! Love that Tranny! Hasn't missed a beat at all, works great out on the streets and the freeway, and just at home on the track... Only issue I ever see becoming a problem is the Tranny Brake..... It's waaaaay too addictive:eek: :D and I might break an axle, LOL

Sorry, best I could get scanned. Other lane was a Hayabusa GSXR1300...

Timeslip-1.jpg

Back