You can type here any text you want

new Quick Performance brake lines?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

slickj52003

Got a Quick Performance Diff with brake line kit. Didn't have the right adapter.Needed a 7/16 - 20 female Inverted flare to - 4 brake adapter to tie into the flex steel line. Anyone know of a Vendor who can help?

Is there any type of company around your town that fabricates hydraulic lines and hoses? There is a fitting that is inverted flare on one side, and male AN on the other side. Screw the inverted flare side into the wheel cylinder and attach the AN line.

the part in question is the brake adapter that goes from the hard line from body to axle. It being a 7/16 - 20 which seems to be impossible to locate the adapter in that size. Most are 7/16 - 24.. Buick does it again.Dont realy like modding something so important when it's braking.

Try calling Classic Tube, they have all types of fittings

716-759-1800 ask for Tim

The hard line that goes from the body to the axle is a brake hose with a block at the end that bolts to the top of the differential. I guess I don't know what you mean.

Wondering if you have the same issue as I did. Here's a pic that I sent back to Quick Perf. showing what they sent vs. what I need. If you have the same issue, Quick was great with sending me out the correct piece right away. Good Luck, Scott

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 138
quick performance help

You are absolutely correct with the pic cause what you were given was a -4 male to 3/8-24 IF female and what you needed was a -4 male to 7/16-20 IF female. When I contacted them they were telling me that the size I requested was rare but as you had learned it is just a limited production part that are made to order. I had to go with the stock part you sent them and utilize -4 male to 3/8-24 IF male. It only took me 2wks to figure out and it seemed that when I did ask for assistance the call back never came. I do think the gents at QP are good guys but I believe that could improve there product by providing installation instruction..ie shim axle retainer so as not to bend it a rediculous amount and when utilizing the emergency brake the position you will have to attain and the corney metric GM caliper silencing clip that falls off when you remove the caliper from the box that is not required( took a week to get a straight answer from another commercial source) and last but not least having to grind the axle housing down to get the caliper bracket nut and washer to face inboard. Other than that I will be glad when I bring closer to that endevor.

I bought a Wilwood disk kit designed for the Ford ends so no issues like that. Strange that they gave you the runaround about the adapter, they sent me the correct one immediately leading me to believe it was a regular stocked part.

Back