You can type here any text you want

New Springs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Steve87GN

Oh come on...its just a 6
With the loss of ATR, I'm now in looking again for a new set of springs for my GN. I don't want to lower the car, but I don't want the stock springs either. Does anyone make a good set of springs that give a good ride quality and decent/good handling? Variable-rate springs in the back would be good to fight-off the sagging that the stock springs suffer from, correct? Thanks in advance guys and gals :)

Kirban Performance makes a set of springs for about $80.00. They are stronger than the factory springs. My car picked up about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch in height when I installed them.

There are a few other vendors out there who carry springs also, you just have to search.

Humm.....try some coil-overs. You can adjust the spring rate and ride height, & and all the articles lead one to believe it improves handling. All pluses...but kinda expensive. Try 'em & let us know.
Don't think most would like the increased height with the new springs previously mentioned, but maybe Kirbans has different sets/heights? You could offset the increased height with 1" dropped spindles, but then may as well invest in coil-overs. Some arn't as expensive as others.
Other members will probably give you ideas. Good luck....Ray

I believe what they are referring to the increased height vs. their old, sagging springs (which is my problem). I'd love to do coil-overs, but haven't seen an application yet for the GNs or G-Bodies in general.

Just had the following suspension items installed on my car, and i love the way it now handles/rides. Kirbans front & rear springs, Kirbans rear seat braces, missing #'s 3 & 4 & GNX bushings, (factory from Kirbans), front angle lower chassis braces & trianglulation brace. All Kirbans stuff. If my stock height increased any, I am unaware of it. It would depend on how bad your car sags now, and even the new Kirban springs will settle in about a month or so down the road. Good stuff.

Steve87GN said:
I believe what they are referring to the increased height vs. their old, sagging springs (which is my problem). I'd love to do coil-overs, but haven't seen an application yet for the GNs or G-Bodies in general.
-----------------------
Sphon's or Spohn's suspension to name just 1, but I know that there are others.
Very economically priced, too.

I used Global West on my GSX. Did not have any of the problems that others have had with springs.

Back