You can type here any text you want

New times last night!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Captain Mark

Well, this was my first time to the track this year. I got my tranny rebuilt, new turbo, new injectors, and new Nitto's. I had no idea what to expect. Last year, being mostly stock I went 8.01. Last night I started out at 16 psi and just started working my way up. The good news is, when I got to 20 psi I ran:

Reaction - .543
60 ft - 1.73
330 ft - 4.875
1/8 - 7.58
mph - 92.16

Using the little math formula, this equates out to around an 11.82 in the quarter. My best quarter last year was a 12.50.

I didn't raise the boost after that run becuse the track said I would need a fire jacket, roll bar and racing seat belt.

:cool:

I said "no problem dude, I will leave a happy man!"

At this point, I'm not sure what the car has left in it, but I think it will go faster. I need to get a directscan next to see if the injectors can keep up. They are only 38#. I've got a feeling I just about maxed them out last night.

It's gonna be a fun year!

Starting a bit early, aren't we? It snowed 6 inches here yesterday.

Sounds like you're having fun. Go for it....And, Congratulations :)

leeb

Mark was happier than a pig in s*** last night :D Now, how are you are going to push it to see what's left in it without that roll bar and fire jacket :rolleyes: I bet it's got a lot more in it once you get the tuning tools ;) I can help you out on that, I bet your injectors are close to maxed if I'm maxing my 40#s out with my little ole stock turbo.

Rob, you had a pretty good night last night too! 7.80's on a stock turbo is pretty awesome.

Rob showed me how much I DON'T know about tuning my car last night! Gotta get that directscan up and running show you can give a class on it.

Do you get a consulting fee for that?:)

Originally posted by Captain Mark
Do you get a consulting fee for that?:)
Cars and computers is fun stuff...business and computers is work stuff...no fee for fun stuff:cool:

Hello Mark!

Congratulations to the nice time!

What math formula do you use?

I have the same problem here in Sweden.... under 12.00 you need the roll bar, the trick is to drive the **** outa the car to the 1/8 mile or more and then step on the brakes.... atleast we get the time and speed at the 1/8 mile mark.....

By the way...... i had 122mp/h with stock inj. maybe you have heard the roumers about the crazy swede?;)

Using the little math formula, this equates out to around an 11.82 in the quarter.

WELL I HATE TO BREAK THE NEWS TO YOU BUT..............

You would have went faster than 11.82! :D Our turbo cars tend to charge hard out the back compared to those NHRA 1/8 to 1/4 formulas show. With your 1/8 mile mph I would guess you closer to 11.70 than 11.82. Based on studying time slips and spread sheet programs I would guess you was on a 11.75 run or better.

Keep up the good work: Jason

Originally posted by The Swede
Hello Mark!

Congratulations to the nice time!

What math formula do you use?

I have the same problem here in Sweden.... under 12.00 you need the roll bar, the trick is to drive the **** outa the car to the 1/8 mile or more and then step on the brakes.... atleast we get the time and speed at the 1/8 mile mark.....

By the way...... i had 122mp/h with stock inj. maybe you have heard the roumers about the crazy swede?;)

Yes, I have been admiring your times for a long time. Good work!

I have heard that you take your 1/8 time and multiply by 1.56. tha is supposed to get you a very close 1/4 time.

Originally posted by postal
WELL I HATE TO BREAK THE NEWS TO YOU BUT..............

You would have went faster than 11.82! :D Our turbo cars tend to charge hard out the back compared to those NHRA 1/8 to 1/4 formulas show. With your 1/8 mile mph I would guess you closer to 11.70 than 11.82. Based on studying time slips and spread sheet programs I would guess you was on a 11.75 run or better.

Keep up the good work: Jason

You just made my day Jason, thanks!:cool:

Back