You can type here any text you want

New Times TT V6 GS

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JoyOf6

After finishing the car in April and making the first 1/4-mile passes with it in BG, the car experienced assorted mechanical/electrical hiccoughs. There's been promise, such as 1.20 60' and 172.4 mph but no perfect passes. I turned the boost down until a severe electrical problem could be solved. Maybe there's hope. The car ran what I'd call a straight and easy 8.27 @ 166.4 the other night in 6300-foot density altitude, with modest launch and boost. Time to turn it up and run what it's capable of. I plan to take the car to the track in San Antonio next weekend for H/U racing. Too bad it's still 100-degree summer weather there :mad:, really really :mad:

Art Freeman

twin LT70s, liquid/air, powerglide...

Congratulations Art! I think there's hope :) I'm looking fwd to the Clash this weekend :)

TurboTR

Details. We want Details!

Got a new website with your car buildup?

Congrats on the times.

John

Nice job Art,Keep after it. Pictures do not do this car justice. I believe a seven is in the near future. :cool:

Eticket said:
Details.
Got a new website with your car buildup?

John

John (thanks),

My little web page exceeds its data transfer limit very easily after just a few views of the pics, but they illustrate most of the combo pretty well. These were taken between January and April. There were definitely a lot of details that went into it; I can send you (or anyone) the info if you can't view the page. No need to bore everyone here with the minutiae, eh? :) Let me know.

Todd (thanks), I hope you'll be available to assist my sorry self at River City. I'll be traveling there alone... unless you count the coolers full of IC ice.

Ron (six is enough): heheh, now you've done hexed the no-hitter by talking about it :D.

Art

Hehe. Well my sorry self should be there to help your sorry self with it, yeppers. Princess Bumbum will be there as well to lend a hand and moral support.

TurboTR

JoyOf6 said:
. . . I plan to take the car to the track in San Antonio next weekend for H/U racing. . .QUOTE]

What year & color is your GS? I'm gonna be at the CLASH this weekend. I wanna swing by and check it out.

BAGN said:
JoyOf6 said:
. . . I plan to take the car to the track in San Antonio next weekend for H/U racing. . .QUOTE]

What year & color is your GS? I'm gonna be at the CLASH this weekend. I wanna swing by and check it out.

1970, Blue. They probably will pit the cars by class. I'll be in Pro Outlaw. See you.

Art

I told the turbo stang guy that we may be there Sat, and may want some of that big turbo horse meat if things are going ok... :D

Wish we had the naawwzzz on it for a little extra kick in the Pro Outlaw class :eek: PS, considering you probably have like ~ 10 passes on the car, including the initial bringup and shakedown ones I'd say it has shown great promise already :)

It'll be nice to see LC's Tweaked 2 make some passes again!

TurboTR

Art,

I am glad that you got some good passes in the car before school started.
Are you going to have time to play a lot this year? :confused:

It'll be interesting to see if the car can make the field if more than 16 cars show. I think it will squeeze in. We'll see about some nawwsss a little farther on down the road :redface:

John, I had plenty of time this summer to play with the car but it went through teething pains, which resulted in only a handful of full passes along with a larger number of shakedown passes and some down-time. BTW, my teaching started in mid-August :eek: but I don't let that get in the way of my real life. After the Clash of the Titans this weekend (rain?), I'll probably keep it local until Noble... don't really wanna think past Labor Day yet.

Art

I just saw that Art went 8.0s @ 170ish.
He may have gone faster since then.
I will post some pics in the media section.

Yes we barely missed that elusive 7.99 this time (lol). But in all fairness it was p.d. hot too; hey this is S TX in late summer after all. It was fun though and we got in some 5 passes, the slowest of which was an 8.1x. We bumped up the program a notch and the 4th pass was likely well into the 7.9's IMO, but he doesn't even have a shift light yet (lol) and was into the rev limiter for a good ~ .75 sec during the 1-2 shift. Plus the plugs were finally going away and it popped some at the top of 1st gear and towards the traps. It finished out with an 8.013 on that pass if I recall.

There were lots of great cars there; the Clash is a pretty big event with good payouts. LC had some minor issue in the Pro Outlaw final against a solid 7.0 car and lost unfortunately. BTW Tweaked 2 is for sale for anyone interested :) We were pitted next to Lawrence and as usual he was always willing to help and very nice to bs with...

Next stop- Noble, OK Oct 31 for the annual Buick vs Ferd shootout; looking foward to running in ~ 70 deg (or better) air finally! Personally I'd love to have at least 1 stage of giggle gas on it by then too ;)

TurboTR

Yeah, what they said. I had hoped for a little better air - 3000' for one pass and it ranged between 3300-3600' for the rest. It was hot and sticky most of the time. I wouldn't have made it if TurboTR weren't there to both work on the tune and tow me around the facility :biggrin:.

We knew the car was overmatched in this arena, but it still made a decent account of itself IMO. It was fun and somewhat productive, and the added seat-time was needed. Serious doorslammers here. Good attendance too.

We mulled over the tune and generally stayed with the on-going conservative step-wise approach and it's showing progress.

FWIW, the runs on Saturday were 8.05 @ 168.1, 8.11 @ 169.6, 8.16@ 166.5 (hottest part of day), and 8.01 @ 170.4. On Sunday, I predictably got waxed by a 632 cubic inch/Jerry Haas-built chassis in eliminations (Pro Tree) with my 8.11 @ 169.3 to his 7.70 @ 177.1.

No N2O this year Todd. We'll figure out what to do for '06 after Noble ;) .

Art

Congrats on seeing it finally completed and making some incredibly fast passes Art!

I assume that is the block/crank that I sold you? Stage 2 #153 cross bolted main caps?

-Mark

gnx7 said:
I assume that is the block/crank that I sold you? Stage 2 #153 cross bolted main caps?

-Mark

Yes, finally coming around... thanks. I'm using the #153 and the narrow-journal crank I got from you in 2003. Time flies.

Art

Wow Art, Congrats on the new best. I didn't realize at BG, when we lined up and you left me on the starting line, you had a TT V6 in there. That's awsome. Good luck and keep the flag flyin....

JCotton said:
Wow Art, Congrats on the new best. I didn't realize at BG, when we lined up and you left me on the starting line, you had a TT V6 in there. That's awsome. Good luck and keep the flag flyin....

Thans Jack... appreciate the sentiments :)

Art

Back