New Times.

forcedfedv6

Banned
10.93@121.09mph 24psi and a 1.52 sixty off the foot brake.
stock 109
2 steel caps
Steel crank
Steel Rods
Molly rings
Double Roller chain
.20 over JE's
roller top end
212/212 comp cams combo with lifters
1.55 T&D rockers
ported stock irons
stock ported intake
PTC NL 3,200
RJC power plate
RJC Front mount
TT chip
60 Pnds Mototrons
and a lot of other stuff not worth mentioning, still has more left in her, maybe a 10.60 in the works next time out, if they dont kick me out for not having a cage. :D

img012.jpg

Nice work on the 10's!
That being said.....your mph is way off for that boost pressure I think. You should be able to run 121mph on about 17psi and over 130 at 24psi. On the good side of things, there should be a lot more power waiting for ya just by tuning! :)

He listed his location as..... In Ur-anus...... which might actually be a high elevation.... contrary to the mental picture :rolleyes: ..... and altitude might be the issue...

He is also running ported iron's.... didn't say Champion... so it doesn't spell out jut how good the porting was.....but I agree.... should be near 130 at 24 lbs if everything is right...... which includes the torque converter and tranny condition too..... don't forget about that....

Anyway... good numbers... anything in the 10's IMHO... is cool!:wink:

Last time I checked UR-Anus was about 3 feet above sea level.....that didn't sound right did it? :biggrin:
True, what was actual elevation, timing on the run and afr, then maybe a person can get an accurate idea. For comparison, with 27/25 timing and 24psi at 3000ft elevation I ran the numbers in my sig. I ported my own heads, no champions on there yet.
Just like to see everyones combo run on the ragged edge! :)

Last time I checked UR-Anus was about 3 feet above sea level.....that didn't sound right did it? :biggrin:
True, what was actual elevation, timing on the run and afr, then maybe a person can get an accurate idea. For comparison, with 27/25 timing and 24psi at 3000ft elevation I ran the numbers in my sig. I ported my own heads, no champions on there yet.
Just like to see everyones combo run on the ragged edge! :)

Me too....

Hopefully more details are forthcoming? :rolleyes:

Elevation was not an issue (1,115 above sea level) the issue was lean the 1st time and Fat on my second run (better be safe than sorry), on the lean run i had more mph almost 123 which still kinda low but the car had some knocking about 5 degrees got pulled on the top end, I would agree that the tunning and everything else would have to be right to get more mph on the 10.93 run, i would guess my AFR was 11.0 and timing was set at 23* on top end and 25* on 1st gear, my convertor is a little on the lose side its a new PTC 3,400 stall NL but dusty mentioned that the more power you throw at it the more it will tighten up, with that said, i know there is more left in it just by tunning but all i ever wanted was a 10 and i got it, so therefore car is being detuned after new cometics go on to 20/22 psi and street driven for the most part on 91 and alky, maybe one day i will get the bug again and see what it will do at 27psi, but that will have to wait..

Elevation was not an issue (1,115 above sea level) the issue was lean the 1st time and Fat on my second run (better be safe than sorry), on the lean run i had more mph almost 123 which still kinda low but the car had some knocking about 5 degrees got pulled on the top end, I would agree that the tunning and everything else would have to be right to get more mph on the 10.93 run, i would guess my AFR was 11.0 and timing was set at 23* on top end and 25* on 1st gear, my convertor is a little on the lose side its a new PTC 3,400 stall NL but dusty mentioned that the more power you throw at it the more it will tighten up, with that said, i know there is more left in it just by tunning but all i ever wanted was a 10 and i got it, so therefore car is being detuned after new cometics go on to 20/22 psi and street driven for the most part on 91 and alky, maybe one day i will get the bug again and see what it will do at 27psi, but that will have to wait..

Just to clarify. The more rpm you put to it, the tighter it gets. More power tends to loosen them a bit but not by a large margin.

For a true stall test. Get the car to 0# of boost and see what the rpm is. It can be adjusted if it needs it.

He listed his location as..... In Ur-anus...... which might actually be a high elevation.... contrary to the mental picture :rolleyes: ..... and altitude might be the issue...

He is also running ported iron's.... didn't say Champion... so it doesn't spell out jut how good the porting was.....but I agree.... should be near 130 at 24 lbs if everything is right...... which includes the torque converter and tranny condition too..... don't forget about that....

Anyway... good numbers... anything in the 10's IMHO... is cool!:wink:
I went 133.4mph with 29psi with a 66 S trim at 3600+ with a set of mystery heads:biggrin: . IMO 11.0:1 is too lean for an alky tune with pump gas. Id lower the target to 10.5-10.6 for safety. I was at 10.8:1 with Q16.