You can type here any text you want

New to bricks would like some advice

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Onkar

Hi everyone ....I just purchased a 87 gn .....I'm new to these cars but have heard of great potential....I have a load of parts I have purchased for the car already just looking for some tips to make my setup work properly ...Motor is stock as well as trans.

Parts .....
-Ta6262 journal bearing percision turbo
-3.5 inch down pipe external waste gate
-maff translator
-Alky injection kit
-60lb injectors
-comp cam 980-12 valve Springs
-TT 5.7 chip
-10 inch ptc 3000 stall (lockup)
-scan master
-all gauges to monitor my car oil,temp,boost,afr..

What else should I look into to make this all work together. Any tips and advice would be great.

Hi everyone ....I just purchased a 87 gn .....I'm new to these cars but have heard of great potential....I have a load of parts I have purchased for the car already just looking for some tips to make my setup work properly ...Motor is stock as well as trans.

Parts .....
-Ta6262 journal bearing percision turbo
-3.5 inch down pipe external waste gate
-maff translator
-Alky injection kit
-60lb injectors
-comp cam 980-12 valve Springs
-TT 5.7 chip
-10 inch ptc 3000 stall (lockup)
-scan master
-all gauges to monitor my car oil,temp,boost,afr..

What else should I look into to make this all work together. Any tips and advice would be great.
Sorry for the thread typo my phone typed Bricks

No one can answer that without a specific goal. However . . . The single most valuable thing will be the search function on this board.

Regardless . .you will need a scan tool and a solid fuel system/chip for YOUR setup and goal. A trans and extra 7k will be a decent start as well. Lol

Good luck.

As stated above, hook up on the scan master and get the car running 100% before you start adding stuff. Address the fuel system first, new pump and hot wire kit. There is a Ton of information on this board so use the search button heavily.
Oh and congrats on your new purchase!

In case you were not aware.. you're gonna need an aftermarket maf to work with the translator. X3 on doing a spring cleaning and working out all current bugs before slapping on the go-fast parts. When you get to that point, don't do too many mods at once. Easier to troubleshoot if you run into issues.

Oh, I didn't see any fuel system upgrades on your list... and save up for some tranny work :D

Definitely spring cleaning as stated above. What are your goals? Street strip car? Drag car, canyon carver? Lots of good info on this site. Do your research. Get the car running as good as it can the way it is. Last thing you wanna do is start slapping bigger/better parts on a car with underlying issues. If it is bone stock, I'd recommend investing in a good fuel pump and a Hotwire kit. Should be the first mod after verifying everything else is up to the task.

If you want to start working on your car , start with the Scan master & all the gauges first . When you come back asking why your car is doing this or that , the first thing we are going to ask for are the cars vitals , Fuel pressure , boost psi , volts , oil pressure , and everything on the Scan Master . Without that info your shooting in the dark . Also post up any known mods to the car in your signature. Welcome to the Dark side , Sam

Back