New to E85

Detomaso71

I have been reading all the threads and sticky notes and learned a lot but wanted advice on what I am currently doing

I have several GN/GNX bit picked up another one to make a driver with e85 as I am tired of driving the one on VP116 And don't want too many miles or to mod GNX

Here's what I have

Turbo tweak chips and 80s package
TA 6466
Stock engine Trans low low miles
I have another engine forged ported to install in about 6 months but wanna get this all working first
Have a 3200 Edge converter And stage 2 Trans

My plan was to get the full throttle fuel line kit with return and FP regulator and gauge with the large 430 single pump

The new engine is stroked forged and new champion intake and heads (iron) bit again will not be installed or completed for awhile

And major issues running it stock as above for awhile or major changes required with new engine Trans and converter?

Any other necessities needed?
Goals are 500 at tires with room grow and street able and avoid tuning or fast Xfi and all the other headaches I had building my other cars
I wanna try keep this one a little less modded as in no EGT or fast or other related parts and will use larger RJC internal gate DP and stock IC for now

Still undecided on lever SLIC or finding a smaller a FMIC
I've got a big RJC On the faster car but don't want that on this car and keeping stock radiator on this car also

"My plan was to get the full throttle fuel line kit with return and FP regulator and gauge with the large 430 single pump"

at the minimum, do this regardless of which motor you end up using. The built motor will need more than 80's if you plan to max out that combo. I'm running 120's and thinking of going bigger.

I would suggest 120's Eric's 5.7 chip and a double pumper only because the next engine will have the ability to use more fuel than I would feel safe depending on a 430 pump to supply.
I just did a 430 in a stocker with 80s and a 5.7 chip. Perfect match.
I have a car I did a double pumper in for with 120's on a ported iron stock stroke engine. 6.1 chip.
I like to have more than enough fuel system!

Definitely 120's or possibly 160's. You will need to send your factory computer to Bob Bailey, to modify the drivers, for the injectors. If you don't want to do the tuning of a FAST setup, I would say use a 3.5" GM mass air with a translator and Extendor chip, from Turbo Tweak. Gives a little extra tuning over a base 5.7, but not a lot of tuning to run good.

I have 120s and if I didn't get a deal I would have gone 160s for sure . I have a single 430 lphr and -8 supply-6 return. It works pretty good . I put down 580 with ported iorns and 80s maxed out at 110% duty cycle .

Clay,
Just finished up my conversion tonight with the continental flex fuel sensor and got with cal to get an initial tune for the XFI done. If you want to see first hand the process let me know. I did the racetronix lines, Arizona GN billet hanger with 450 pump, flex sensor, larger injectors, etc...

if you can post up pics how you mounted the sensor and wiring for it.

Thanks

wiring is pretty much self explanatory. You have ground to ground. 12V switched and I chose a white wire to go to A6 of my FAST. Ran it along the frame, zip tied up to the cabin. I put the sensor right above the differential, used self tapping #14 screws, fits like a glove there with my fuel lines. I have the racetronix line set and did not want to cut the lines. So I opted to buy a 36" Fragola AN hose assembly with a 45* bend in it and come off the tank with it. Then the Racetronix lineset goes into the other side of the sensor up to the fuel rail return.

Attachments

• DSCF8313.JPG
    DSCF8313.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 149