You can type here any text you want

New To Forum

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ddavis187

Hey everyone im not really new to the forum, just my first time posting!
My names Devin, im 18 and i go to Southwest in Memphis, Tn for auto technology.
I bought an 87 Regal in January for $1000 with 3.8 N/A an 3 speed th200. The transmission had no reverse but the engine runs perfect otha than an exhaust leak....the body is perfect, underbody perfect, interior mint other than a few rips in the seats...the dash says 24,454 miles but idk if thats true or not but the car rides like its an 09 vehicle

I wanted to know could i put a stock grand national turbo on it and what all would i have to do to do it?? by the way its a carb 3.8......or should i just drop in a sbc for more power........i basically just want the turbo because its interesting an i never had one on a car before...it seem cool az hell to just take off when the car hits 2nd gear lol....i wanna do the turbo on a $1500 budget or the small block preferably lt1 on a $2000 budget

you r never going to hit it with that budget. plus that motor tranny and rear end would never handle the power. plus you need a hell of alot of parts to get it together/ you are better off trying to find a turbo t for 3000 to 5000 and have fun with that.

V8.....what's that?:biggrin: Agree with the above post. Try to find a T or GN 1986-87. Would be much cheaper.

about the only drivetrain parts that your car shares with a turbo car is the motor mounts.
well, and the engine block and front cover are the same..
everything else is turbo specific- different radiator, engine, trans, drive shaft, rear end, and pretty much everything that bolts to them.
if $2k is your real budget- then you aren't going to get much more than a used carbureted small block and TH350 trans.

Back