Rear disc brakes

Vette310

Looking for a pair of rear disc brakes that evil work with the stock brakes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rear disc can be a bitch. Because of the C-clip axles, the flanges float around and you get a lot of knockback, which leads to an inconsistent pedal. Eliminating that requires Ford style press-on bearings on the outer axle ends, and even that won't get rid of it because the axle housing flexes when you do that. It wasn't built for that kind of bearing and the tubes are too thin. So then you step to a 9" assembly or a 10 bolt. And by the time you're that far in, you should have just sprung for a floater.

Cobbling kits together from F-body calipers or El Dorado calipers end up costing almost as much as an out- of the box kit from Wilwood or Aerospace Brakes by the time you buy all the hoses and parking brake bits. Plus you'll have wasted a pile of time trying to figure out exactly what'll fit.

Unless you need disc in the back for a particular reason, you're better off sticking with the drums and getting some shoes with a better compound on them. If you do need disc, get a kit. The time saved is worth every penny.

Rear disc can be a bitch. Because of the C-clip axles, the flanges float around and you get a lot of knockback, which leads to an inconsistent pedal. Eliminating that requires Ford style press-on bearings on the outer axle ends, and even that won't get rid of it because the axle housing flexes when you do that. It wasn't built for that kind of bearing and the tubes are too thin. So then you step to a 9" assembly or a 10 bolt. And by the time you're that far in, you should have just sprung for a floater.

Cobbling kits together from F-body calipers or El Dorado calipers end up costing almost as much as an out- of the box kit from Wilwood or Aerospace Brakes by the time you buy all the hoses and parking brake bits. Plus you'll have wasted a pile of time trying to figure out exactly what'll fit.

Unless you need disc in the back for a particular reason, you're better off sticking with the drums and getting some shoes with a better compound on them. If you do need disc, get a kit. The time saved is worth every penny.

Thank you for that information, I mainly want the rear disc brakes for looks. I’m leaning towards the Bear brake kit for the rear, but I’m doing my research to see if I can still use my stock wheels.
Thank you !