New to Northern VA

ATEAV8GN

IC? Who needs that crap!
Gents,

Well after three and a half years freezing my tush off in Alaska the Air Force sent us to northern VA.. and I might actually get to play with my car again after being stored in TX for all this time...

What's the local scene like?
Closest Track?
Weekly Hangouts?

Also due to budget/commute constraints we bought a town house with NO garage, so I am looking for a rental garage space in the area, within 20 miles of Springfield... anybody have a line on one? Ideas?

Thanks!

Welcome to the area...there are a few NoVa guys on here...we've discussed getting together more often. There's a 1/8 track in Manassas and that's the closest one otherwise you're driving 50min into MD to get a 1/4 mile track. I'm sure the other guys will chime in here but once my tune is halfway decent I will be hitting the track...I believe Wednesday nights is test and tune and they do some night racing on Fridays

Hello Drew. Its nice have another owner in the area.Alot of us go to burger king in manassas on saturday for the car show.There are two 1/8 mile tracks really close.Ones right by the bk.I rent garage space myself but was going to check the storage lots before a coworker offered space.Looking forward to meeting you.

Welcome!
I have yet had the time to take mine to the track... eventually, but do get out to Manassas. There are other cruise nights as well in Annandale, Fairfax, Woodbridge, Lorton, but Manassas is one of if not the largest in the area

Where are you located?
Cruises
Woodbridge fri at Lowes Smoketown Rd 5-9pm
Manassas fri near Liberia ave time ?
Manassas sat BurgerKing rt28& Prince William pkwy 3-9
Lorton sun lorton & I95 exit TGIF in the Shoppers Food shopping ctr time 4to dark.

Local tracks
MD Capital Raceway Crofton, Maryland International Raceway Budscreek,
75&80 Urbana all 1\4mi

Va Old Dominion Manassas, Summerduck Fredericksburg 1\8mi

Do the search on the tracks.

welcome to the area

Greetings to all!

Just passing through and decided to jump into Drew's thread and say hello. Drew, that's a good job for not having an IC or drugs.

Turbofrank - ...long time to see. How's it going with you guy? I was hoping to make Cecil in October, but I have a schedule conflict so that's that.

asrnj77 - check your email.

I need to get on here and read/post more often, but it's a time thing which I'm sure the majority of you guys (especially with kids) understand. The way things look for me, I may only get out a couple of more times before the weather begins to change around here.

-Bobby

hello

Im new to NoVA as well, from Florida. Hope to meet some more people, currently in Sterling. Im hoping to go to Capitol Raceway tom night incase anyone may be heading out.

Alvaro