new to powerlogger- autometer wideband compatible?

haywire4130

may be a stupid question: i installed my powerlogger in the fall, confirmed it worked then parked the car for the winter. i've yet to hook up any of the analog inputs. i'm spending my tax refund in all the right places and was looking at getting a wideband. i have all autometer gauges in my car and would like to get theirs to match. just wondering if it would jive with the powerlogger/scanmaster. it's an expensive piece so i don't want to plop down the coin for it unless it will do what i want. also, i'm assuming i can tap a signal wire off the map sensor for my alky kit and log boost as well? thanks for any help!

The Autometer WB is not one of the types in the PowerLogger WB configuration list. Now this doesn't mean it won't work, it simply means its not named in the drop-down menu. You'll need to check with Bob Bailey but before you do, get the specs for the gauge you want. He'll need to know what the WB output voltage range is and corresponding air fuel ratios. The output might match one that is in the list and you could select it.

As for the MAP sensor, its 12v and ground might need to be rewired. If its a stock 2-bar sensor, it only measures up to 14.5 psi, replace it with a 3-bar sensor.

Its a 3 bar map that came with my razr alky kit, i thought it worked off the same 5 volt reference as the tps and such? I was kinda hopingbob bailey would chime in, i hate to bother guys with pm's for little stuff

map sensor is 5v.

what model number on the Autometer, or its analog specs.

If its not currently supported, I will add it.

Bob

thanks for the quick reply- part number 5770, i read the install instructions on auto meter's website, it has a datalogger output wire, here's the specs cut and pasted:

The Auto Meter Air/Fuel gauge has a signal output for supplying information to a Data Logger or engine management system. The signal provided is a linear 0-4 volts output. 0 volts out equals 10.0 Air/Fuel Ratio, 4 volts out equals 18.0 Air/Fuel Ratio.
Volts = 0.5 (AFR - 10) or AFR = 2 (Volts) + 10

my next question is: i have their 5763 electronic fuel pressure gauge as well, can i set that up to log puel pressure as well? that one doesnt have an output wire or the specs listed on their site, i could email them and find out i reckon-

that wideband scaling is the same as the AEM gauge, so you are all set there.

if the fuel pressure sensor has 3 wires, then we can set it up. The 4th and 5th channels in the PL have user settable scaling.

Bob

awesome! fuel pressure sender does have three wires, will you "hold my hand" while i set it up if i pm you in a few weeks when i tear into it? thanks for your time! - mike h

Question for the op. I'm doing my autometer wb now. What wires did you run to your power logger?

haven't installed it yet, car is in a million pieces! i just pulled out the directions and looks to me that the blue wire is + output to datalogger, i would hook that to the analog input on your powerlogger and set the scaling in the PL console to AEM as mentioned above. sorry wish i had an actual testimonial for ya but my headers and converter swap snowballed into a lot of other repairs/mods. best of luck, report back when it's in!

that wideband scaling is the same as the AEM gauge, so you are all set there.

if the fuel pressure sensor has 3 wires, then we can set it up. The 4th and 5th channels in the PL have user settable scaling.

Bob
I'd like to chime in and ask a question about this, I just received a 6.1 TT chip, set for "Autometer", my gauge does not have buttons or adjustable settings. According to the Turbo Tweak install instructions, I'm supposed to adjust the BGD range to 0v=10 and 4v=18, but the settings for this wideband are 0v=10 and 4v=17, and I'm unable to change those. I've gone through the list and selected each option in the "Wideband Input" drop down menu, I found that the FJO .5/4.5 setting is pretty close, none of the others are accurate though. I don't want to have it be "close", I'd really like the real time correction be spot on. Is there anything I can adjust on the PL Console to dial it in? I also just hooked up the wideband to the power logger today. Does the "smoothing" option affect anything? Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!