New to the TTA, couple questions-

Cool. I plan on running ProEFI, 120lb injectors, precision billet 67, CAS V4 stock location cooler, and e85.

Motor has stock ported heads, billet caps, diamond pistons, and a 206/206 roller cam.

pro efi is awesome! have it on my supra w/ e85 :D

are you going with the flex fuel sensor and fuel psi sensor ?

pro efi is awesome! have it on my supra w/ e85 :D

are you going with the flex fuel sensor and fuel psi sensor ?

Yes I am! Sound Performance will be setting it up. Also going to use the "can guage" they have available, looks pretty trick.

A close friend of mine has a white 6 speed supra with pro efi on e85 and I like how it has worked for him.

yea i have the can gauge on my car too, also racing trac control, 2 step etc etc, simply put a great system! lar at sp knows the system very well!

yea i have the can gauge on my car too, also racing trac control, 2 step etc etc, simply put a great system! lar at sp knows the system very well!

Yep. Larry knows his sh*t. I helped set up a chicagoland buick club dyno day that will be at SP in the spring, this TTA will likely spin the rollers as well as my S2 t type which was tuned by Tim at SP last year.

maybe ill have to swing down in my tta, if i dont sell it by then, id like to see what she puts down!

What car did ya buy if ya don't mind me asking? And I don't think Ford 9"'s come in 3.23's...probably 3.25's but the point is moot.

My car weighs 3770 soaking wet and with a 160 pound driver. That includes 45 pounds of stereo equipment.

Jicaju ran a stage II block.

I think the fastest is 10.37 on a 109. A TTA with GN heads would be capable of the moon per say.

Jason

It won't be till this spring, since its cold as hell here in Maryland. But my friend Wayne Cox (Buddy Cox's son) ran 11.0 in his tta seven years ago with a cold air intake, and a small turbo, has a roll cage on stock wheels with slicks. Well he has decided to bring it out of the moth balls and sent it to a builder, with the intentions of being the fastest TTA in the country. He is shooting for 9s but most likely will only get two passes at the test and tune, becuase he does not want to put a chute on it. Just a few hints, the only stock thing will be the pistons and the block, with a big ass precison bt ball bearing turbo.

It won't be till this spring, since its cold as hell here in Maryland. But my friend Wayne Cox (Buddy Cox's son) ran 11.0 in his tta seven years ago with a cold air intake, and a small turbo, has a roll cage on stock wheels with slicks. Well he has decided to bring it out of the moth balls and sent it to a builder, with the intentions of being the fastest TTA in the country. He is shooting for 9s but most likely will only get two passes at the test and tune, becuase he does not want to put a chute on it. Just a few hints, the only stock thing will be the pistons and the block, with a big ass precison bt ball bearing turbo.

He should change the pistons also, and tracks must be very strict by you if ya think theyll shut him down making 9.90 passes without a chute.

What car did ya buy if ya don't mind me asking? And I don't think Ford 9"'s come in 3.23's...probably 3.25's but the point is moot.

My car weighs 3770 soaking wet and with a 160 pound driver. That includes 45 pounds of stereo equipment.

Jicaju ran a stage II block.

I think the fastest is 10.37 on a 109. A TTA with GN heads would be capable of the moon per say.

Jason

The car I bought was not advertized online at all. Friend of a friend kind of thing. Its car #783.

turbocliff said:
... besides subframe connectors, what else should be done to the chassis on a car that is going to be drag raced to stiffen the chassis? I will not put a cage in it, and I know the car is unibody, so I'm wondering what things people typically do beyond bolt in suspension components and subframe connectors.

Once upon a time, Rick Head ran 7.66 in the 1/4 with his twin turbo 3rd Gen Camaro, and his suspension setup consisted of the following....;

Full chromolly funny car cage, AJE k-member Koni coil over adjustable front struts, Baer Brakes. QA1 adjustable rear shocks, BMR Torque arm, SFC's and pan hard. Wolfe adjustable anti roll bar and custom fabricated lower control arms, w/the car bring mini tubbed fitting a 315/60/15 or 29/10.5/15 tire....

innovative1.jpg

At 9.90 you'll be fine with just some BMR goodies, torque arm, SFC's, Panhard, etc....

Will it be in Ohio for the reunion? Lets see it rip!

Thanks Jason

I assume we would be able to drag race our TTAs at this event as well? I'm not much of a car show guy, and likely wouldn't make the trip to walk around, but if there is drag racing involved then Ohio isn't too far for me :D

I assume we would be able to drag race our TTAs at this event as well? I'm not much of a car show guy, and likely wouldn't make the trip to walk around, but if there is drag racing involved then Ohio isn't too far for me :D

1/4 mile. Absolutely. I wouldn't go to walk around either. :biggrin:

Well I am officially the owner of TTA #783. It rests for the moment in my enclosed trailer. The adventure begins....:cool:

These are all pics that the previous owner had emailed to me, the underhood shot was before a couple changes as the car has a different wastegate, CAS V4 stock location cooler, and a couple other things not shown, otherwise it looks exactly as it does in the pics, just covered in dust from sitting for the past 3 years.

Attachments

• TTA 002.jpg
    TTA 002.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 153
  • DCP_0364.JPG
    DCP_0364.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 156
  • DCP_0352.jpg
    DCP_0352.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 150
  • DCP_0365.JPG
    DCP_0365.JPG