You can type here any text you want

New TTA owner here

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gn4u2c

Yes Its fast no you can't
Just picked up my new (old) 89 TTA leather t-top car
100% stock except rear spoiler was replaced with a 92 gta spoiler because the stock one warped and cracked . and it has a K&N filter. This thing hauls with no work done.!! my GN is way faster but I think this will be more fun to drive.

Are there any issues I should be on the look out for ? also is there a TTA board?

Thanks guys ! see you at the track

Hey jason,

I got the fender here a few days ago, thanks!

Congrats on the TTA purchase! Only issues that u might look out for on this car compared to a GN is the 9 bolt rear end... posi seems to go eventually and is expensive to repair. Also, drivers bolster is common problem.

~Casey

Originally posted by gn4u2c
Just picked up my new (old) 89 TTA leather t-top car
100% stock except rear spoiler was replaced with a 92 gta spoiler because the stock one warped and cracked . and it has a K&N filter. This thing hauls with no work done.!! my GN is way faster but I think this will be more fun to drive.

Are there any issues I should be on the look out for ? also is there a TTA board?

Thanks guys ! see you at the track

Great, now we get to see another stock TTA run 12's:D

As far as the TTA boards go, you will probably find more info on the Buick boards.

Only things to really look out for with the TTA's are common 3rd gen problems such as the 9bolt, cracked factory spoiler, and an overall lack of rigidity in the unibody (creaks and groans), otherwise they are pretty much the same as a GN's. We won't talk about dropping the ECM to change chips..........LMAO

Re: Re: New TTA owner here

Originally posted by 1badTTA
We won't talk about dropping the ECM to change chips..........LMAO

Ouch!! Got a twinge in my back at that reminder :)

Speaking of ECM's....Has anybody ever put a newer ECM in a TTA? I was looking at the SY/TY portion of Tlink screens yesterday and swooning at all the data....Would really be nice to have that much data to sift through in a TTA :)

I have owned a 89 GTA in the past and remember putting the hyper junk prom in. I can squeeze up under there. I guess the trick is to do it right the first time (combo)

Originally posted by gn4u2c
I have owned a 89 GTA in the past and remember putting the hyper junk prom in. I can squeeze up under there. I guess the trick is to do it right the first time (combo)

I think the 8position chips and the adjustable chips were actually designed for the TTA's to releive backaches and headaches.

If you are planning on keeping the car nearly stock for a while I would suggest one of the Commander chips from Mike Licht, they allow you to adjust alot of the paramaters such as fueling and spark so you won't be changing chips like underwear.

Lee, I think the only person who has gotten the SyTy ECM running with a LC2 is Bruce and that was on a GN.

I want to sell them but I posted them on ebay. I don't think it's fair to the people who bid for me to cancell them out and end early as, I did not post ending the auction ealy was an option. I hope you understand this. I have a friend with a full set of wheels I will contact him this wekend and get a price on them shipped to you.
:)

I will be keeping the 92 spoiler, it will not crack in the future and it adds a little bit of diffrent to the car. It looks stock to an untrained eye. And sticks out like a red racing stripe to people who know the tta s my car will be easy to find at any meets !! ha ha eveyone else has to check the tags.... well it may no be that bad.:)

I have gone 11.22 in the gn and now she is down for a complete built motor hope for some low low 10 slips :cool:

Back