New Turbo on Ebay

DAVID C

Item # 160402771843. Is this turbo worth buying? It's a T66. I'd like to spend only about $500 on a turbo.
I'm looking for a replacement turbo for my '86 GN. Right now, it's bone stock, but plan on upgrading the fuel pump, exhaust, downpipe, injectors, add alky inject, higher stall converter, ect. Goal is mid 11's. I just bought this car with a bad turbo. This will be a driver and long term project. Moneys tight. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Dave C.

That looks like a killer deal but unless you plan on doing all those upgrades immediately plus a 4" MAF pipe/MAF sensor/filter it's too much turbo. One website I checked recommended 72 lb/hr injectors and 3200-3400 stall convertor, while another site said it's a 10 second turbo. If your car is going to be an 11 second driver a TE44 or GT6152E with a 2800-3000 stall convertor and 55-60 lb/hr injectors and TurboTweak chip might be more up your alley.

Item # 160402771843. Is this turbo worth buying? It's a T66. I'd like to spend only about $500 on a turbo.
I'm looking for a replacement turbo for my '86 GN. Right now, it's bone stock, but plan on upgrading the fuel pump, exhaust, downpipe, injectors, add alky inject, higher stall converter, ect. Goal is mid 11's. I just bought this car with a bad turbo. This will be a driver and long term project. Moneys tight. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Dave C.

Is that one of those made in china turbo's:eek:

If your car is going to be an 11 second driver a TE44 or GT6152E with a 2800-3000 stall convertor and 55-60 lb/hr injectors and TurboTweak chip might be more up your alley.

+1 GT6152 or 6262 Turbo , 3000 Stall and 60's Nice Combo

I wouldnt buy that turbo for 200 bucks,cheap junk in my opinion.

+1.....you get what you pay for. I remember making the mistake a few years back of "trying" the cheap china headers off of ebay. what JUNK!, waste of time and only to be frustrated with the outcome (1001 ways to leak exhaust).

Thanks for the input everyone. I've forgotten so much about these cars! I went from 3 to just 1 turbo Buick 3 years ago.(my wife's). And that ones been in storage the whole time! Now that I bought a 2nd one, I have to learn what to do all over again. It sucks to get old!:confused:
I'll probably start with rebuilding the original turbo and drive it a while to see what I've got. The intercooler's full of oil. I do have some parts leftover from previous cars, like a big neck i/c.
Who sells a rebuild kit for my stock turbo? I hate buying used turbos. I usually get stuck with junk.

One of my buddies bought one of the T66 turbos off Ebay. It has held up fine. He wanted to do a Turbo set up on his 85 IROC as cheap as possible. But it worked. :p