NEW UMI REAR SHOCK BRACE

I installed the brace. If you are using the stock exhaust hangers, they must be removed for the bar to fit. Here are some pictures. I also have a rear brace I made for the end of the frame rails, also. I won't be driving the car for another week so will not be able to know if it made any difference.View attachment 251926 View attachment 251927 View attachment 251928 View attachment 251929 View attachment 251930 View attachment 251931 View attachment 251932
Have you driven the car yet? I'm looking to put mine on this weekend. Hoping for a mild improvement

EDIT: Just went to install it. Did your new bolts fit through the stock mounting holes? It looks like I may have to enlarge mine.

Last edited:
Have you driven the car yet? I'm looking to put mine on this weekend. Hoping for a mild improvement

EDIT: Just went to install it. Did your new bolts fit through the stock mounting holes? It looks like I may have to enlarge mine.
I used different bolts that fit. The bolts that came with the brace are bigger. I did not notice much of a difference, however I have a GNX seat brace and another rear brace tying the rear frame together. You can see it in the above picture. It is tying the frame ends together.

I have the GNX brace also. For the price though, you can't beat it. Anything will help. I had to enlarge all the holes as I didn't have any bolts long enough for all the holes, even the holes on the shocks I had to enlarge. I had to wrestle it in place as my ATR tailpipe touches it a bit. I'll have that pipe cut and fixed on Friday. Even through all the crap I went through, it was an easy install

I think where this brace will help the most is for coil overs where the weight of the rear isn't where it was intended to be.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
More pictures for reference when this subject is searched

Finally a good picture. The second photo makes it clear it wont work on my car. Thank you

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing some pics of your rear shock tower brace. Question: how was the install?

I have the GNX brace also. For the price though, you can't beat it. Anything will help. I had to enlarge all the holes as I didn't have any bolts long enough for all the holes, even the holes on the shocks I had to enlarge. I had to wrestle it in place as my ATR tailpipe touches it a bit. I'll have that pipe cut and fixed on Friday. Even through all the crap I went through, it was an easy install
After reading your post about the ATR tailpipe rubbing the shock tower brace, I may rethink my decision about installing this, because I am running 3" ATR dual exhaust and I really don't want to be messing with my exhaust system.

They also make the front hubs to attach C5 brakes to a GBody. Looks like UMI makes quality stuff.

Those are OTS Wilwood hubs. The Caliper brackets are the valuable part of that kit.