You can type here any text you want

New vs Old WBO2

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ChrisCairns

I received my new WBO2 sensor along with the disk.

Since my old WBO2 ain't totally dead I may want to use it again in the future and need to know if I install the new one along with the software will I be able to go back to the old one as long as I keep a copy of my GCT file that I'm presently using with the old WBO2?

Thanks, Chris

Installing the option file with the new sensor will recalibrate the ECU for the new sensor and you will no longer be able to use the old one. The calibration information is not a part of the tuneup file. You may wish to continue using the old sensor as long as it is operational.

Thank you Craig, for taking the time to answer. Not exactly the answer I was hoping for though....lol.

Chris

Chris:

Why not get the VE map right and simply run it oin open loop without the O2 if you're worried about wasting a new sensor. Take the sensor out and use a 16x1.50 oil drain plug as a plug. I have some I can send you if you're not sure which to use. Applocation might be a 85 Camry, not sure.

BYW, how tolerant are these sensors with anti-freeze? ie: blown head gasket? I know AF will kill a stopck sensor in short order.

Originally posted by TurboJim
Chris:

Why not get the VE map right and simply run it oin open loop without the O2 if you're worried about wasting a new sensor. Take the sensor out and use a 16x1.50 oil drain plug as a plug. I have some I can send you if you're not sure which to use. Applocation might be a 85 Camry, not sure.

BYW, how tolerant are these sensors with anti-freeze? ie: blown head gasket? I know AF will kill a stopck sensor in short order.

You'll have a real exhaust leak with a 16mm plug in there, matter of fact the rattle will drive ya crazy (hint, 18x1.5)

Sorry Jim couldn't resist....

Yes, they are 18 mm threads on the O2 sensors... :D

Antifreeze will demolish any O2 sensor in a big hurry, ours included. If you push a head gasket out and have green stuff in your car, you can generally plan on replacing the sensor soon.

Sorry... just the way those darn things are. :(

Originally posted by TurboJim
Chris:

Why not get the VE map right and simply run it oin open loop without the O2 if you're worried about wasting a new sensor.

Mornin' Jim,

When I put the new fuel system in, my injector pw went down from 88% to 80%. Hence the old fuel system wasn't good enough and that got me thinking about the 5 year old WBO2 sensor. (Even though it wasn't used for a full 5 years of leaded racing). If my sensor was/is lead fouled and "lazy" then it wasn't//isn't 100% correct and that's what made me decide to buy a new one in order to make sure my correction factor is right on. But being partly Scottish I hate to simply throw the old one away.:D

I've always had plans to run open loop and remove the O2 sensor, occasionally throwing it back in when needed.

Thanks for the offer on the plug....I'm presently using an 18mm spark plug to plug the old bung where the O2 sensor used to be just under the turbo. And it draws some questions too....lol. I just tell people it ignites the afterburner.

Chris

Back