You can type here any text you want

newbie Gen7 user

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mutantx

My car runs a Gen7 and I am just getting around to wanting to play with it some. I have the software installed on laptop and now looking to acquire a cable for connectivity to the ECM (anyone help to procurement?) My question lies with getting feet wet with calmap. The car runs, goes fine all day long...BUT when go to initially start it, seems to hiccup a bit. I'm thinking to much fuel at initial start up? I am sure it can get better performance out of it to, IF I JUST KNEW WHAT TO MANIPULATE AND HOW. I know feedback will be; just play with it and try different things, but any advice where to start playing\mess with 1st without screwing car up royally?

If you can't find a communications cable anywhere else, call the DFI tech line @ 248 380 2780 and they can tell you how to get one.

Your cranking fuel is determined by 2 things:

1.) VE and Target A/F Ratio numbers seen by the ECM in the key on, engine off state. These will set the base amount of fuel to be injected when cranking.

2.) Starting Fuel Coefficient. This is a multiplier, based on engine coolant temperature, that is applied to the base fuel value when starting the engine.

Make sure your VE (Main Fueling) table is tuned properly. If that isn't correct, it throws everything else off. You know the VE values are correct when you see your measured air-to-fuel ratio matching the values specified in your Target Air-to-Fuel Ratio calibration table. You should have very little correction when running in closed loop fueling mode, meaning that you are using the O2 sensor reading to correct your actual air-to-fuel ratio to the targeted value.

Back