You can type here any text you want

Newbie Grand National owner? Have a couple questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Brandon706

I recently purchased a 87 grand national, I have a couple questions. I would like to have a low 11s car. Is this possible to do that on street tires? Do you guys have a separate chips one for track then street because of if turn the boost to race would you have to correct the fuel and timing as well?

street tires if they are drag radials. and yes some run 2 chips a street and race, but you can also run a street/alky chip with great results. of course you need alky system. don't buy a ton of parts then expect the car to run the #. read and learn and choose parts wisely. you can go pretty fast on a stock turbo and intercooler,its things like fuel pump,injectors,hotwire kit for fuel pump,downpipe. simple parts like these and a good tune will get you going fast

Drag radials and alky. Read tons before attempting any aggressive tune. Knock will put you out of the game fast.

I recently purchased a 87 grand national, I have a couple questions. I would like to have a low 11s car. Is this possible to do that on street tires? Do you guys have a separate chips one for track then street because of if turn the boost to race would you have to correct the fuel and timing as well?

Read, read, read until you realize how these cars work. They are old and require attention but the rewards are incredible. If you keep it stock, they are pretty easy to keep going. To run 11's regularly, you need to know what you are doing. 11 sec cars are great on the street but you'll most likely need drag radials to do it. I think Patrick Rubio went low 11's with really tall street tires but his car ran 9's with good rubber.

When you want to go faster............give me a call. Virgin GN's are sooooo much fun to work on. It's been awhile sense I've "tuned" a stocker to run low elevens. Oh....the good 'ol days.:)

Back