You can type here any text you want

Newbie in need of scantool advice

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LeeRemmos

I am in need of a portable scantool since my family has 3 turbo buicks. Looking for recommendations. Would rather buy one that I can use for all 3 rather than install one in each. Thx

If you hook up a Scanmaster with 12V auxiliary plug (lighter) you could move one from car to car.
I used a mini-qd 4-wire connector, sorry - can't seem to find the photo...

If you hook up a Scanmaster with 12V auxiliary plug (lighter) you could move one from car to car.
I used a mini-qd 4-wire connector, sorry - can't seem to find the photo...

i'm with Mark, should be hard to fab something up, if don't don't wanna go that route i've seen a ton of scan master come up for sale since bob came out with the gauge version.

I'll make a suggestion after just going an alternate route myself, after following the topic Pronto linked. I did all this tonight for the first time in about 20 minutes...not including the configuration of the readouts on my cellphone, I'm picky that way. :) I then started logging, did a baseline test-drive and ended logging after shutting off the car, then emailed myself the resulting .CSV log-file. It measures a ton of info, far more than what you decide to show in the readouts.

-Buy a 12-pin ALDL adapter from www.1320electronics.com (find them on eBay) for $75.

-Buy ALDLDroid for any Android phone from Google Play for $19.99.

-Obtain the latest ADX file from 1320electronics, copy it to a folder on your Android phone.

-Plug the ALDL adapter into your ALDL port and into your cigarette lighter for power.

-Turn on the car, turn on Bluetooth on your phone, open ALDLDroid and scan for & pair the device.

-Configure the readouts to your taste.

You could now connect the ALDL adapter and use your cellphone to read and log data from any Turbo Buick.

Back