You can type here any text you want

Newbie needs help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

aea257

Some people say a having a little bit of knowledge can be dangerous, so I've learned to ask question for help and pay the money. Unfortunately I am at a point where I think my mechanic needs some help. I've transplanted a freshly rebuilt '84 3.8L into my '80 El Camino. It took quite a bit of work to get it in there but it works(very fast). Where the problems come in is that my gas mileage is terrible(12/mpg) and it burns a little blue and sticks like gas. I have a feeling I'm running kind of rich. I'm looking for some one that knows their way around the engine and could point me in the right direction. I'm up in Saskatchewan,Canada. :redface:

rich?

I guess the first thing I would do is to make sure the chip in the ECM (if that's the type of engine management you're using) is matched to the size of the injectors you are running. Then I would check the fuel pressure. Do have any type of scan tool for monitoring the engine parameters?
BW Jones

Back