You can type here any text you want

Newbie question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MajorGeek

Just got an 87 GN yesterday and wondered if there are a couple of websites that handle a lot of parts, performance as well as replacement parts that you guys rely on heavily for most things? For example, I also own a Viper and found a site where they work on them, sell parts and more. This guy was someone I could call, ask questions and get suggestions. Since I am new to the GN, this would be more helpful for now.

By the way, what a great friggin car this is. Great gas mileage to drive around town all day long and just a lot of fun to boost up. I love my Viper, but this is a completely different type of fun. Im sure I will be talking to you all soon, thanks in advance for your suggestions.

gn stuff

there are a number of vendors listed on the home page of this website that are very helpful in supplying parts and answering questions. you will also find the members here willing to assist with any questions & needs you have regarding your GN. poston enterprises carries alot of parts for turbo buicks also. their website is Welcome to Poston Buick ! :cool:

Welcome Pilgrim!

Glad to have you on board! To have a long and good experience w/your gn, Knowledge is the key! You have to remind yourself, your dealing w/20 year old car. Take the time to ecucate yourself and you won't be disappointed. Yoiu can start w/gnttype.org the tech section. Hope you like reading, then you can ask questions on the forums and get answers.(maybe they're not always correct, but they're answers!:eek: ):biggrin:
Again welcome!:biggrin:

Just got an 87 GN yesterday and wondered if there are a couple of websites that handle a lot of parts, performance as well as replacement parts that you guys rely on heavily for most things? For example,.........................

The advise we gave years ago, and is still valid today, is to find a Buick vendor with whom you are comfortable, and deal with them. The vendor should have a proven track record of the performance level you seek, and be easily accessible by phone, e-mail or in person.:)

Some vendors sell parts, some do performance work, some do both. There are many good and knowledgeable vendors around the country, so you could find one close to you. A few phone calls is an inexpensive way to get good info.

Good luck, and have fun with your "new" car!:D

look on the front page of TB.com there is a list of vendors there. We are lucky to have as many as we do. I have had nothing but good luck with all the vendors on this site. Nick Micale is a Vendor and he has set me up with alot of parts. He is currently getting my motor built and i could be more satisfied.

Quick thanks to everyone. I will do some reading, did quite a bit before buying the car and some suggestions were excellent including finding a local tech (I did) and using the websites listed here for small parts that I need.

See ya soon!

WELCOME person ....

of gthmcty! Glad to have you on board. In your quest to purchase your first GN, take the time to read and educate yourself so you can be a knowledgable buyer. This site, along w/turbobuicks.com and t6p.com have a car and a parts for sale forum. check them out, it will give you an idea of the car values. Happy hunting and again welcome!

Back