You can type here any text you want

Newby stupid question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
OK boys, here is another question for you. What do you think this car will run with these mods.

· Fuel pump hotwire
· Walbro 340 fuel pump
· Oil filler cap breather
· Throttle body coolant bypass
· TC lock-up switch
· Magnecore Spark Plug Wires
· ATR PCV check valve
· ATR 3” downpipe with a Tial external wastegate
· ATR 3” cat back exhaust
· 160o thermostat
· Race Jace Power Plate
· Precision Industries 3200 Vigilante Converter
· ATR Crossover pipe
· Caspers Knock Gauge
· KYB AGX adjustable shocks and struts
· Hotchkis adjustable panhard bar
· Hotchkis lower control arms
· Adjustable fuel pressure regulator

This car has 23,000 original miles. I am going to try and buy this car. The owner has never taken it through the quarter, but says he thinks it should be in the low 12's. What do you think?

No chip?
The trick is to find a good chip (street and strip) and run the strip chip with some unleaded race gas.

Should be ok in the low 12s. or even 11 if you can tune the car and read all the info.

Thanks for the reply Uffe. I just checked out your web page. I really enjoyed the videos. Expecially the one where you blew away the Z/28!

Originally posted by Captain Mark
Yes that is the one I saw. I thought it was a Z. Very impressive win!

Thanks, nothing special about it...... just another tuned LT1 down........:cool:

Stock turbo,stock injectors and what tires..on a radial..no way.

Slicks,boost at 21-23 lbs,race gas,race chip sure.Low 12's asssummming a 1.6 60 foot launch..

I also didnt see an adjustable fuel pressure regulator...Plus it all boils down to seat time with the car..I've seen more 11 second cars run 13's ;)

Originally posted by Captain Mark
The car came with 2 thrasher chips. A 92 and a 100. Are these decent?

Yep, sure they are! And the best one on the market for $27 shipped!!!!:eek:
I´m using the 92 street and 108 strip.

With 108 chip and UNLEADED gas with stock injectors the old V6 smashed down plenty of 122mph passes, hehehe.... must been the 3" THDP!;)

Anyway, no tricks when you change the chip..... just disconnect the orange wire beside the battery and back again.

Can be ordered with antitheft as well for the same money.

oh yeah, it has an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. stock turbo and injectors. I just passed the mandatory emmissions test, so the emmission chip is coming out, and the thrasher is going in! And, I think the catalytic converter will be coming out also!

Back