You can type here any text you want

Newer GM Cd Player

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TRFanatic

Hi there,

do all newer GM Cd players work in our GN's without cutting?? I thought I heard someone say from 2000 onward the cd players are compatible?

Thanks for your help.

Ravi

radio installation ...

I've just learned that all GM radios beginning 1989, had a different rear connector and the antenna wire is not the same size either. However, it's quite simple to install a newer style GM radio in a pre-'89 car by using an adapter (GM part# 16140051) which includes the antenna adapter also. The rest is easy, as the radio itself will bolt in your stock GN dash opening without any modification.
Below is a picture of the adapter you'll need...

Claude :)

reply to ''49-blues''...

''49-blues'', when I asked my GM dealer for the adapter, I was told that altough the part number is correct, they cannot order the adapter, but that I could get it if I went to a GM-authorized repair center which has the exclusivity to diagnose and repair GM-only products. I don't remember the exact price, but it was around $20 -$25.

Claude :)

Thanks- i know when Dennis Kirban used to sell them, they already had the adapter on the radios he sold.

Back