NHRA License

Jim Crews

Passed the requirements for license last week. 1987 Gn
ran 9.84 - 135.15 and 9.81 - 136.98 these were the full runs required.

Stage 2 built by Cal Hartline:)

Good job Jim!

I see you were making some easy passes
I also started taking mine several weeks ago. I have the last 3 runs to make. Cals fuel pump started acting up and we had to put it away.Maybe I should use your car...:D ;)

Congratulations Jim! Don't know if you remember, but my dad and I met you at the Bradenton track rental (you took my brother Alex's spot)... Your car is one of the cleanest GNs I've ever seen and it seems like it's very consistent (perfect for bracket racing)...

Anyways was nice meeting you and seeing your car rip off some 9 second passes:) :cool:

Steve

Congrats, Jim. I dont think we ever met ,but maybe I'll see you at the track or show sometime.

Bo

Thanks

Louie thanks for the message I heard of your problems with the fuel pump told Cal you could have used my car. Left at 9lbs so we have more there, boost still at 24lbs.

Thanks

86brick yes I rember meeting you and your dad thanks again for letting me have Alex's spot,second runthat night ruptured the transmission cooler ended our nite. Fixed the cooler went to Gainsville for license

Welcome aboard, and congratulations Jim!! Not too bad for a 3800# street car!

Jim,
Ever need a push.. I'll be there :)

Congrats on the license..

Originally posted by Jim Crews
Passed the requirements for license last week. 1987 Gn
ran 9.84 - 135.15 and 9.81 - 136.98 these were the full runs required.

Stage 2 built by Cal Hartline:)

Congratulations, but can can we please have some pictures?
:D

Thanks HighPSI

Thanks Cal wouldn't be here if not for you. You have been there from the start, last June when we blazed a smooth 14 sec pass
at Bradenton. Thirty-Three passes later here we are . Thanks again

Jim

Wating for hte tracks to reopen and some better temps to go get mine
Hey Cal or Louie? Can i use one of your cars next week to get mine??:D

Re: Thanks HighPSI

Originally posted by Jim Crews
Thanks Cal wouldn't be here if not for you. You have been there from the start, last June when we blazed a smooth 14 sec pass
at Bradenton. Thirty-Three passes later here we are . Thanks again

Jim
Jim
And he wouldnt be here without me ...lol ;)
33 passes already..Wow. Youll be going easy 9.40-50s very very soon..

John
If Jim sends you pics make sure that you have shades on, this is one chromed out engine compartment.

Sorry You are Right

Louie
I know you were the one that supervised Cal with you he could not have completed the project THANKS

Jim

Congratulations! thats great! as otto knew and failed to mention---paul and i went to speed world in phoenix and did the same thing. we both passed! and it was alot of fun. and the crew at speed world were great to work with. it feels good to get it done and i wish you luck.

Hey congrats guys, but sorry to butt in here but what is a NHRA license i mean what do you get for having that and what does it take to qualify, thanks i know i must seem like a complete fool for asking this :eek:

its a licence to run 9's or faster. you must show you can handle the car. you make 2 hard launch's, 2 half track pass's and 2 full pass's in the 9's. also show you know every thing inside the car and can shut everything off and get out in 10 sec. or less. and also have to pass a physical.

Originally posted by LV GN
if you do they can kick you out.

feels good to get kicked out though, dont it len?

you gunna come and make an 8 second pass in D!cks car?

i have your west coast nats DVD on my desk at home!