Nice !! Belt Tensioner

m233roller

Banned
Now that I have a new billet tensioner on the way and have a good one on my car now. I have a very nice used one that I had set aside for a spare. It has been glass beaded and painted a hammered gray, very nice and has pulley. NO !! repairs !! $175 and $13 mailing in the lower 48. Thanks Mike

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    784.4 KB · Views: 321
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    847.7 KB · Views: 303
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 282
Last edited:
This is a GM tensioner.

Now that the billet ones will be coming on line soon people will be willing to spend a 100 bucks more for a new unit versus a 27 year old original regardless of mileage.

I love the aftermarket as they keep prices down on the old parts that aren't being made anymore as the supplies dwindle.

Even you are dumping this one for a new billet one, look how many people are lining up for one of them in that thread.

Don't worry though someone will buy it that wants an original looking one after they strip the hammered paint of it versus the aftermarket one that will soon be available.

Last edited:
Rob,
I get your drift but you are a little off base as I don't know how a $450 tensioner will keep the price down on a nos one ( and I sold my last two new ones for $250 each. Used ones $100 to $175.
I think we'll have to cough up a little more than $100 for a billet one.

I'm sorry Mike I wasn't trying to get you in a bunch, I thought those billet ones were going for less than 350.00 due to the amount of people in on the group buy.

450 is a lot for a billet one and an old stock one for that price isn't out of the question I guess.

I'm sorry Mike I wasn't trying to get you in a bunch, I thought those billet ones were going for less than 350.00 due to the amount of people in on the group buy.

450 is a lot for a billet one and an old stock one for that price isn't out of the question I guess.
$233.50 is only half of what the cost is for the billet one. The group buy required 50% down to start the project.