You can type here any text you want

Nitto Tires

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ms. FastNasty

Was just curious if anybody on here is running Nitto drag radials...and what they think of them? I currently have MT's, but was thinking of getting a back up set.

Thanks!

Collin aka slow91z has a set. You might remember meeting him over at the Muncie get together.

See ya, Kip

Collin aka slow91z has a set. You might remember meeting him over at the Muncie get together.

See ya, Kip

I have the road race version of the drag radial Nitto 305 35 18's on my Z06. They hook fine and handle well as a street tire. 360 rwhp and I can spin them easily if they are cold. Once warmed up they are sticky. I just got a set of M&H drag radials 275 50 17 today in the mail for my Buick. I should have them mounted this week and on the road to see if they work compared to 28x9x15 MT ET Drag slicks.

I daily on them as they get the most miles out of them, but here hard to get to hook. Best 60 foot I have had with them is 1.65 on a 117 mph pass. I need a new set now and I'm debating about what to do I normally run bias slicks at the track...

hth

From what I've read I would get MTs and be done with it. Unless your car doesn't have any power;)

Mickey Thompson = great tire :D , Made in the U.S.A :cool: , American parent company (Cooper Tires) :cool:
I say why even look at Nitto.
I don't know how well their tire performs personaly but I have heard they last longer than the MT's but do not hook as well :redface:, some of their tires are made in the U.S.A , some in Japan :frown: , and their parent company is Toyo (Japan) :confused:

Mickey Thompson = great tire :D , Made in the U.S.A :cool: , American parent company (Cooper Tires) :cool:
I say why even look at Nitto.
I don't know how well their tire performs personaly but I have heard they last longer than the MT's but do not hook as well :redface:, some of their tires are made in the U.S.A , some in Japan :frown: , and their parent company is Toyo (Japan) :confused:

Thank you kindly for the information!!! :) I wasn't sure if one was better than the other when it came to the track, or on the street...and of course the teenage kid at the tire store was no help...at all.

Since I have had both over the years I'll throw my 2 cents in.

Mickeys ROCK, great for track days and "some" driving around...Did "ok" in the rain, don't last super long.

Nittos do will not hook as well as the Mickey's BUT they are a VERY nice driving tire in all weather, I even drove mine in the snow last year when my truck broke and they did just fine. Also they seem to be lasting longer.

Right now I own Nitto's for my driving around duties and slicks for the track, if I was going to have 1 tire for everything I would have the Mickey's hands down.

I have the 555r's and they are a GREAT tire for the street. Are the MT's better for hooking? YES!! BUT...DON'T get caught in the rain with them. Also, DON'T expect more then a few thousand miles out of them. The Nittos will give you over 10,000 miles per set (YMMV of course), can be used SAFELY in the rain/snow, and hook WAY better then a stock tire.

Same here own both
Nitto's DR's are my street tire and tire wear and handling are very good

Nittos here too for the daily driving. :smile:

I get about 12K out of them. :cool:

They wear faster in the center if you overinflate them. :frown:

25 psi. works best for wear for me.

Back