You can type here any text you want

No +12 volt switched wire

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ChrisCairns

Craig,

Preface:

I have a very old FelPro Seq unit. It came from the vendor with a harness that was one of the first he put together.

Problem:

The car has ALWAYS been hard to start and would only start after a few cycles of engine crank, let off key, engine crank, let off key, etc. I noticed there weren't any bpw to the injectors during the cranking.

Question:

The harness only has one +12v wire....I've got it directly to the bat. Is there supposed to be another hot wire?? The infamous switched +12v?

This thought has occurred to me after I went back and read some old replies from you.....the following one is the example.

Re: getting power to a speedpro
The battery voltage is measured on the switched +12V input to the Speed Pro unit. Make sure that you don't have this wire tied into another circuit that could draw a high amount of current.

The battery voltage correction is applied differently in the latest
ECU firmware revisions. I'm not sure what injector the correction curve was based on, but regardless of injector size, the consensus is that the "new" battery correction improves idle quality and drivability, and it also helps prevent the engine from going excessively rich or lean as a result of battery voltage fluctuation.

Craig

Thanks, Chris

Uh, yeah!

There should be wires right to the battery, and there should be one wire that goes to key power. Look for a wire on pin L3 of the ECU connector. That should go to the "infamous switched 12." :D

Thanks!! I'll run my own "infamous wire" and hopefully it'll take care of a few years of hard starts. I'm sometimes slow at taking care of problems.:D

Chris

Back