You can type here any text you want

No BG King Sumo - Passing along information

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Eticket

Well, I just wanted to pass this along. I sold my Aeromotive Pro thinking to go to a more street worthy pump.

I talked with a Barry Grant rep yesterday just for grins, and he suggested NOT buying the current King Sumo pump. They will have a new version out in about a month that will be far superior/efficient. I guess it was too good to be true - buying a pump that would sustain long haul trips.

I did a little research and it seems that guys are either getting good pumps and love them or bad pumps in succession. I guess I should have done more research before selling the Aeromotive.

John

Well, I just wanted to pass this along. I sold my Aeromotive Pro thinking to go to a more street worthy pump.

I talked with a Barry Grant rep yesterday just for grins, and he suggested NOT buying the current King Sumo pump. They will have a new version out in about a month that will be far superior/efficient. I guess it was too good to be true - buying a pump that would sustain long haul trips.

I did a little research and it seems that guys are either getting good pumps and love them or bad pumps in succession. I guess I should have done more research before selling the Aeromotive.

John

Glad to see we werem't the only one's. We went through 2 pumps. I went through EVERYTHING thinking that there is no way that a second pump could be bad. Well, they were both JUNK outta the box. The 3rd one seems to be ok, but how can we trust it? It's always nice to have spares though.

:rolleyes:

Why does it sem like everyone is not going with the weldon pumps anymore? I always heard they were the pump to have....Price?

Why does it sem like everyone is not going with the weldon pumps anymore? I always heard they were the pump to have....Price?

And noise I would think. I have a Weldon 2025 that's louder than the open dump downpipe.

I've used Weldon on several "Nasty" street cars. I used the Weldon Voltage regulator to turn them down for ideling/crusing. But there still alittle noisy. Works Great though.
CC

Weldons are loud.. but they work.. I have never had an issue with mine.. going on 3 years.

I had my king sumo rebuilt TWICE. -12 feed . -10 return. 6 inches below the fuel level. Did everything they said and it didnt work.

For a pump that didnt need a step down, didnt need a return, could be mounted up to a foot ABOVE the fuel level ,and only needed a -10 to feed it, i gave it the benifit of the doubt. Never again. The only BG part on my car is the fuel heat sink. That actully works. My fuel temp maybee gets 5-10 degrees above ambient.

Went with the aeromotive silver pump, it has gone 10 times as long as the three king sumos combined.

There is no doubt that Weldon probably has the best history amongst all of the fastest guys in the country.

But like some of other few "street car" guys, I wanted a pump that's not so loud and won't vapor lock after a long haul. As always, there is the price of going fast.

I just got off the phone with a magnafuel rep and he said that the ProTuner 750 will support 1500hp at 70psi. Looks like a GREAT alternative, and not too expensive too. Also, their test bench includes a pickup that pulls fuel 3ft vertically, so using a stock style pickup shouldn't be a problem.

Anyone using any of their pumps? Disco Stu, I know, is using a version of their pump in his TSM styled car.

Just looked at that. Sounds like a nice pump especially for the money. The only issue I see is the small inlet and outlet sizes.

Back