no fan club

michael evans

Today I joined the no fan club on the intercooler. I have done a search on here and asked a few people and they all say the same thing. Take the fan off the crank unless you sit in traffic most of the time.

I will report back with temperature changes as I watch them from my edash.

Who else have done this that can tell a difference ?

I was thinking about taking mine off too, but I'm concerned about temps rising and affecting the performance of the intercooler.

How can the fan help at idle? The intercooler isn't subjected to heat from boost when you're at vacuum.

Not to mention it's unshouded, and the blades are puny.

Stick it on eBay, they pull good money there.

Bad thing is I destroyed my original crank fan and bought this one here from a board member last year.

Save a innercooler, ditch the fan.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

That’s OK say to yourself I’ll put it back stock someday, and this will increase it value.
I drive my car 100 miles round trip to the race track , and a Sunday, drive now and then.
I’ve taken its temperature in the pits just over 200 degrees after a pass never took its temperature with a fan , takes about 45 minutes to come under 150. Hood up or down. Thinking about taking my leaf blower to the track.

Put it on a stick and let the kids hold it out the window like the Geico Piggy.

Took the regal for a drive last night while watching the IAT temperature since it was the first drive without the fan and sitting still the temp was 80 degrees and going down the highway it was 51 degrees.

It was about 65 outside.

So what is to high for idle ?

You realize the intercooler fan has nothing to do with any of the data you gathered on that drive, correct?

(also, you have false readings. You can't have a inlet temp at the IAC sensor of 51 when ambient is 65)