No fuel pressure, no start

tealsnk

How's it going, new Buick grand national owner here of an 85. Recently my car just shut off while driving it and had it towed home. It cranks, but doesnt start. I checked to see if crank and cam sensor were bad and according to the Casper sensorcheck they are good. I finally connected a fuel pressure gauge on shrader valve off fuel rail and no pressure. I don't hear it prime at all when cycling the key. It has the hot wire kit too. Already replaced fuel relay too. Any help will be appreciated. Anyone in AZ local that might be able to help out. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Did you check the fuse? If you know that you are getting power to the pump at the plug at the tank sending unit, it may be time to drop the tank. Not too big of a deal. Keep us posted on your findings.

There is a fuse in the Hotwire kit , 30a , located near the alternator .

Sounds like fuel pump. Spray some starting fluid in throttle intake see if starts. If it starts for a second then you have good spark , but no fuel.

I would check wiring all the way to the rear.

Did you see if you can hear the fuel pump running with the test plug under the hood? You can unplug hood light and plug plug into for voltage to see if you hear pump running or build pressure at rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't hear it prime at all when cycling the key. It has the hot wire kit too. Already replaced fuel relay too. Any help will be appreciated. Any one in AZ local that might be able to help out. Thanks.

Pull out the hot wire relay and check the connector as the hot wire from the alt should be powered. If so, jumper from the active power wire in the hot wire connector to the pump wire feed, and the pump should run.

If not, the pump or in-tank wiring is bad.