You can type here any text you want

No one to race

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

faster

I live in Gainesville, Florida and go to the track here a couple times a year. The problem is I do not have a cage so I can only run faster that 11.49 twice and then they make me park it.

There are never any cars I can race with. Either they run slower than 12.5's or faster than 10.5's. I'm bored.

Usually I make a couple of 13.20-13.30 shake down passes before I get serious (low boost and no Alky). Well I haven't been there in almost a year and the ricers all want a piece of the T after seeing the 13's.

This Dodge Neon SRT was running 12.9's gets lined up next to me after my shake down runs.

This night I'm only running my J Carter 93 street chip, pump gas, alky spray and my street tires. So, I turn up the boost (wastegate adjuster from the driver's seat) and turn on the Alky.

The T launched pretty well but blows the tires away at the 60' mark as the boost comes up and I have to feather to catch second. The Dodge is 1/2 car length behind and gaining as I spin. I look over and he is grinning thinking he has a race. Sucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The tires hook, and I go to 20# boost but did not lock the converter.
the turbo starts it's wistle, the front end lifts to the end of the suspension and I'm gone.

I run a 12.18 @ 114 MPH spinning the tires through first and the poor SRT runs 12.95. He finds me and comes over to congradulate me and promises a better race next time.
Okay, I'm looking forward to it.

A new Nissan Z is my next victim but not one Mustang will get in the next staging lane all night.

12 teens is as fast as the T will go @ 113-114 without Knock on pump gas but anemic 60' times 1.85-1.90.

I need to talk with the guys on this board who are in the 11's-10's on pump gas.

My 13 year old son in the stands, who says the turbo wistle is louder than the exhaust, won a bet on that SRT race and the guy did not want to pay when Vince told him I was his dad.

It was a good night.

Mikey

sounds like it is time for a fatherly lesson... how to deal with a sucker who won't honor his bet! ;)

nice kill, btw... it shoulda been you makin a bet with the peeon driver though.

Drop BrookGN a PM.. he lives near you sorta and is flying on pump gas. He ran 11.25 @ 131 recently.

Jay, are you the Jay Carter I bought my chips from?

I misquoted the chip. That old 93 chip is one from the late 90's. I'm actually running the new street alky I got from Jay Carter.

Both chips run about the same at the track but the old 93 chip is more aggressive on the street under 3000 rpm. The 93 chip also gave me my fastest ever time at 11.22@123 on 114 gas. I have not run the 107 chip you sent yet. I have some trans and suspension issues to sort out first and then I'll push it into the 10's with your race chip.

Mikey

Jay, are you the Jay Carter I bought my chips from?

Unless there are two of us (And the Buick world hopes that isnt the case), that would be me.

Usually I make a couple of 13.20-13.30 shake down passes before I get serious (low boost and no Alky). Well I haven't been there in almost a year and the ricers all want a piece of the T after seeing the 13's.

This Dodge Neon SRT was running 12.9's gets lined up next to me after my shake down runs.

The T launched pretty well but blows the tires away at the 60' mark as the boost comes up and I have to feather to catch second. The Dodge is 1/2 car length behind and gaining as I spin. I look over and he is grinning thinking he has a race. Sucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The tires hook, and I go to 20# boost but did not lock the converter.
the turbo starts it's wistle, the front end lifts to the end of the suspension and I'm gone.

I run a 12.18 @ 114 MPH spinning the tires through first and the poor SRT runs 12.95. He finds me and comes over to congradulate me and promises a better race next time.
Okay, I'm looking forward to it.

A new Nissan Z is my next victim but not one Mustang will get in the next staging lane all night.

12 teens is as fast as the T will go @ 113-114 without Knock on pump gas but anemic 60' times 1.85-1.90.

I need to talk with the guys on this board who are in the 11's-10's on pump gas.

My 13 year old son in the stands, who says the turbo wistle is louder than the exhaust, won a bet on that SRT race and the guy did not want to pay when Vince told him I was his dad.

It was a good night.

Mikey

That's awesome! The best part was about your sons bet, lol. Good kill!

My fastest timeslip is 11.22 @ 123 mph on race gas. My buddy (our sons play baseball together) has a georgous 66 Chevelle that used to run the same times as the T but now after extensive $$$$$$ runs very low 10's on sticky DOTS spinning the tires all through first (I'd bet if he wanted to it would dip into the 9's). Well his son keeps trying to get us to line up and wants to bet my son on the race (they are funny to listen to as they bicker over handicap like old bench racers). We were supposed to run last fall but mechanical issues have kept me out of the 11's. I haven't figured out the handicap yet either as a straight up race is not even a consideration plus I have never seen it hook on a run yet so he will go even faster.

Took the driveline out of the T this weekend to freshen things up and will alter the rear suspension to get 1.4-5 60' launches and get her into the 10's.

AND THEN I'M DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mikey

Back