You can type here any text you want

No Power???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

olds443

So I get in the car to leave my girlfriends house and there is no sound from the radio. Kinda odd as it was all working fine before when I got there and all day. No problems previously. My system consists of 3 Nakamichi amps, Denon head and PPI amp. The cd player and preamp come on but none of the amps are powering up. I checked the main fuse and the power, ground and remote and they are all still fine. Tomorrow I will pull the cd player and see if maybe the remote lead is still connected.

Anyone had this happen or have any suggestions? I will also check each amps individual fuses although I find it hard to believe that all of them would blow simultaneously and not take out the main fuse.
Thanks for any and all help,
Jason

switched lead, main power (fuse) or ground....it's got to be one of those. check for corrosion at the battery or a loose ground.
change the main power fuse regardless of whether it looks good or not....seen alot of those go bad and look perfect.

:) Thanks ZAM70, you were right it was the main fuse at the battery. It looked fine but afetr checking everything else I replaced it with a new 60 amp and all is well again. What causes what seems to be a perfectly good fuse not to function?
Anyway, Thanks again.
Jason

corrosion inside the fuse. They actually break where it attaches to the metal end on the inside (where you can't see). I've even had them pass voltage and look fine to a meter UNTIL you do a continuity test...resistance is high.
glad to help

Back