You can type here any text you want

no second gear

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

captflash

Old and Bold
I was at the track last night and after my last run when I was coming to the timing booth the car would not shift from 1st to 2nd. I can get it to shift from 1st to 3rd by taking the rpms in 1st up to 3500 but no 2nd. Oil is clean, no burned smell ect. Level is spot on full. I tried starting off in 2nd but it only stays in 1st regardless of rpms. Also when in 2nd the first gear run up when I let off the car feels like it's in neutral until I give it gas again. When I start off in 1st the gear holds when I run up and when I let off. The trans shifts when in drive or overdrive from 1st to 3rd, no slippage and drives fine. Any ideas guys? Thanks kindly in advance for your input and advice. Ross

Trans proplem

More than likeley the band went bad or slipped out of postion or the gov spring popped out!! I am sure the the tranny guys will be offering posts!I am not a trans guy but had the same problem about 2 years ago it was band!!!! Hope you get her fixed soon always something with these cars gotta love them :eek:

Either broke the anchor end off or the end of the pin punctured the part of the band where it applies.

Back