You can type here any text you want

No spark

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GN NEWBY

I was pulling into my drive way and gave the gas pedal a hit, Car just shut off,
After checking it out I have no spark from the coil pack, Any Idea's
Thanks

I checked the grounds, every thing seems tight. I also checked the fuse box, all good fuses.

When you crank it over do you get a tach reading? If not, start with the crank sensor. If that's okay, you can check the cam sensor with a voltmeter while cranking the engine over, so that's cheap. And take off the cam sensor cap and make sure the interruptor hasn't broken loose inside. The ignition module needs to see both sensor signals before it will sync up and start firing the plugs. The module itself (or coilpack) could be bad but usually they fail by dropping one or more pairs of cylinders, not going completely dead like that. If you or a friend have one of Casper's coilpack testers that will rule them out. And, of course, ultimately the ecm could be bad, but again, they rarely just die.

Hey guys thanks for your help, Ijames it was the crank sensor, My be should carry a spare one around,
Thanks again

Steve

Back