No start E85

Dhos1

Self-tuning wanna-be
I am still chasing a no start issue on this damn car! I did a turbo swap, E85 swap and I cannot get this thing to start. I also swapped out spark plug wires as well. I took a lot apart and everything seems back together but it is still not firing. It cranks but will not turnover...at wits end and would pull my hair out if I had any. Any thoughts?????

ECM orange connector by battery plugged in? Power all the way to the ECM? Is the check engine light on when key is on? Power at fuel pump? Blown fuse in the fuel pump hotwire? Can you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn the ignition on? Blown fuse anywhere in the fuse box? Is the ignition module plugged in? Cam sensor plugged in? That is a lot of ridiculous questions but gotta start somewhere.

And this: http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/troubshootgeneral.htm Lots of no start guides here and schematics. It has to be something simple.

You didn’t have any shop towels or rags in the turbo to keep stuff out of it? I’ve seen this happen a couple times where people forget to take the rag out or miss one and then the turbo gets destroyed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll check power to the ECM tomorrow. No rags in the turbo. Also...it started just fine when I took it down. The fuel pump is running because I have good pressure to the gauge on the hood and I hear it. Also, there’s no CEL light and the orange connector by the battery is plugged in.

the orange wire is notorious for failing at the positive battery terminal. Also, the connector pin that feeds the orange wire power into the ECM is notorious for breaking off.

Bob

I’ll check power to the ECM tomorrow. No rags in the turbo. Also...it started just fine when I took it down. The fuel pump is running because I have good pressure to the gauge on the hood and I hear it. Also, there’s no CEL light and the orange connector by the battery is plugged in.
There's your problem number 1.

Fix that and there may not be a problem number 2.

Ahhhh, also I forgot to mention that all worked great until I decided to splice in this BoostC boost controller. However I double checked and spliced everything in exactly like the instructions stated..

No SES is normally a issue with the orange wire going to the battery or could be a blown fuse for ECM but yes your first issue is power to the ECM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also if you had the ECM pulled out check both the plug connections . I would intermittently loose power to the ECM and had to replace both connectors ( Caspers has them ) .

Found a shitty splice that was very loose at this wire—possibly the issue?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 57