You can type here any text you want

No start, no RPM signal.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

disco stu

Well I have a no start condition. I cannot read an RPM signal out of the ECM. I have spark, but the ECM is not grounding the injectors. I have tried a known good ESC and crank sensor.

I had disconnected the ECM power lead. When I got back to the car I reconnected the power lead and started it. My car has the ME-R. I had forgotten to re boot it with the thumbwheel on POS 0, which screws up the cells and causes the car to run like poop. So I disconnected power to the ECM and rebooted on POS 0. NO START. So I check the normal stuff. Spark is good, FP good, but no injector pulse. Swap out the ESC, and crank sensor with no result. Maybe ign module? I don't know what I screwed up, but if anybody has any idea what I am missing that would be good.

Also tried another ECM to see if I could see rpm out of it but no. Cam sensor is good. And all grounds are good.

Something else I thought of. I get a RPM signal for the tach lead because my tach works. If the tach lead works then shouldn't I see something on the Scanmaster and Direct Scan?

Back