no start. starter won't engage

kneeshurt

i just removed gas tank to replace sending unit and repair gas line.got it all back together but it won't start battery is good all conections good. everthing works when key is on but when i turn the key to start nothing. starter won't engage. any help.

update no start

also i put a 6amp battery charger on it then forget to take it off it was on for 24 hours would that hurt any thing ?

update no start

just getting a click drivers side engine compartment can't tell where it seems low near firewall any help?

Check your battery cable connections,the wires going to the starter to make sure they are tight and also the negitive battery cable / ground going to the engine make sure everything is clean / tight and nothing is corroded.

The auto parts stores can test the starter for you if you need it done.

If you do need a new starter and there is an autozone close by,this is one of the best deals you will find and has a lifetime warranty.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa...rict?counter=1&itemIdentifier=82366_100943_0_

just getting a click drivers side engine compartment can't tell where it seems low near firewall any help?

Thats the solenoid on the starter clicking.

Turn the headlight on and see if they go dim or go out when you try and start the car. Post back with your findings.

problem found. battery ground burned it was stuck on the downpipe. thanks for taking the time to help